How did you get introduced to utorrent?

Pikul_Man

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

irc channel

the person was happy cause gts now has a config for uTorrent :)

After he mentioned a few things I decided to check it out because Azureus JUST started using way to much overhead on my bandwidth. Which I found weird.

I'd only go back to azureus if they fix that issue and if utorrent never has a feature that tracks your total number of ul/dl since the start of the client.

(If it does have that feature, I haven't found it yet)

I've seen it in a signature of a member on my favorite Dutch torrent-site http://www.solarweb.nl/. Thought to check it out, because that member specified it as "an Azureus-based torrent client, but with only 4mb of memory use and incredibly low cpu-usage". thought i'd give it a try.

i used bittornado before, but hey: that GUI sucks deeply. the only good thing about it was that it was damn' fast. but i did a test with some torrents, and i turned out that utorrent was as least as fast so: decision made. i ain't going back to anonther client ...

Flexbeta linked viewers to an article called "Bit Torrent Clients Compared".

The site stated:

"The absolute no. 1 is… µTorrent. µTorrent is small, fast, clean and really powerful, and it is a breeze to use. It is a big improvement over TorrentStorm, both in speed, stability and features, yet it manages to keep things simple. When I look at what transfer speeds I reach now, I also have the impression that TorrentStorm was holding me back. And it will only get better, it is still in the middle of development! I recommend everyone to use µTorrent."..

And, the rest is history.

What does he do know ? I used to watch 'Call For Help' before the "dark leo ages" and TechTV's G4 'rape'.

Yeah I watched him on CFH also...he wasn't on there that long but still I watched it. Check him out HERE...he's got all his site links on the right including his radio show.

And on the G4 thing, I totally agree with you. They're starting to bring back some tech shows including Call For Help(with leo in canada, here's where you can bittorrent it: CFH torrents) but they still have a LOT of crappy game shows.

Plus I'm pretty sure that you also know that most of the TechTV guys are back(on the web with podcasts and vidcasts) including Kevin Rose, Leo Laporte, and Patrick Norton...so in some ways TechTV is coming back. :)

Archived