(Repost) Up/Down buttons

plank

There was obviously a misunderstanding with my previous thread. I have no idea how DaGuesingman came to the conclusion that I was asking about upload/download rate or advanced features. He didn't even read my post, yet he tells me to read the FAQ.

What I want them to do is move the torrents up and down in the list (the GUI, you know). Thats it. It's got nothing to do with up/down speed, advanced features, queueing, or anything like that. I just want to organize the torrents how I like.

I wanted to know why it isn't like this, instead of first having to sort the torrents by # and then only being able to move actively downloading torrents around.

Because µTorrent does real-time dynamic sorting. If you sort by speed (descending), and a torrent moves from being the slowest to fastest torrent on your list, it will be bumped to the top automatically, unlike with most (if not all) other clients, where sorting is static and only a one-time thing. Once the list is sorted by a criterion, it will be sorted by that criterion continuously. Meaning that moving up and down on the list is meaningless and will be screwed up eventually, unless the list is sorted by a static criterion (# being one such example).

And the FAQ does make mention of the up/down buttons.

But what if I don't want any sorting?. I don't use the priority system. Shouldn't I be able to just move the torrents with sorting turned off?. Even when sorting by #, you can only move actively downloading torrents, everything else has a *.

Moving up and down isn't meaningless and won't be screwed up eventually if there's no automatic-sorting active.

It's always sorted by some criterion. Even just placing new torrents at the bottom of the list is a sort -- by date/time of addition.

Genuine inquiries...

- What reason is there to move the torrents if it's not for priority reasons?

- Are you actually going to be staring at the client enough to care about the order of the torrents?

And this is starting to sound like a request (allow up/down regardless of sort), which has been requested before (or something similar).

It's purely for organization purposes, to make things easier to see at a glance.

Disregarding everything else, there's still the problem of not being able to move torrents that aren't numbered or have * in place of a number. If this feature were at least there, then i'd have much less of a problem.

I don't know, but I personally feel that manual ordering of torrent jobs just to make it easier to glance at is not that convincing a reason, but that's just my opinion.

In any case, many torrent ordering features have been requested before, including manual moving and having seeding torrents be ordered by number as well.

• 1 month later...

i would also like to see manual rearangement of the torrents "to make things easier to see at a glance"

you just know how many you are seeding, how many you are downloading and how many are qued and you can arrange them in groups

completely regardless of any priority system - weve got the # for priority

plank, It's the same bahaviour as you have in windows explorer where you can sort by thatever column you like.

Just moving 1 torrent 2 points up on the list makes no sence since you can sort by whatever collumn you like. You can even have your own named labels and sort by them if you like having torretn CVB in the line between ABC and ABD

If you absolutely have to sort them in some "i-need-to-have-everything-my-own-way"-way, you set labels "01-99" on them and sort by label. It's really not that hard.

:lol: actually it sounds like a lot of hassle dont you think?

ex0n - if you dont care about it why bother complaining? :rolleyes:

if you want some feature - request it

if you dont care about some feature - dont use it ;)

i like to arrange my torrents manually like almost every other torrent program allows me to

do you have a problem with that?

ex0n - if you dont care about it why bother complaining? :rolleyes:

if you want some feature - request it

if you dont care about some feature - dont use it ;)

i like to arrange my torrents manually like almost every other torrent program allows me to

do you have a problem with that?

I don't have a problem with how you arrange them, I just think it's kinda lame to have to arrange them in your own way when you can have them arranged for you. I even gave a sollution, so why are you complaining? ;)

Archived