how do I tweak advanced settings ?

surfmadpig

Hello. I'm new to μtorrent, and am quite fascinated with it. I've read the FAQ and searched the forums, but still have a certain question for you all:

In the FAQ, in the section that explains the advanced settings, there are some settings listed that are not there in my client (i'm using 1.4 build 402). For example, bt.connect_speed and bt.always_prio_rare - both of which i'd like to tweak, are not the list in the preferences.

Should I suppose that they come from earlier versions and cannot be modified any more in this version, or is there a way to add them?

Thanks

[...] I realized that with my modem and ISP, it's better to limit the simultaneous connection attempts to avoid modem reboots.

None of the values you mentioned has anything to do with "simultaneous connection attempts"!

I sugest you better don't mess with the advanced settings if you don't know/understand what they are for!

µtorrents default setting is so that you don't need to worry about "simultaneous connection attempts".!

But that's in the FAQ to!

None of the values you mentioned has anything to do with "simultaneous connection attempts"!

I quote from the FAQ:

"bt.connect_speed Controls the number of connections per second that µTorrent makes"

maybe i put it wrong by writing "simultaneous connection attempts", but that (the number of connections per second) is exactly the value i had to tweak in other progs (emule for example) to avoid modem disconnects.

anyway, it's no big deal, i don't change settings at random. i would only change one, test if it works, and "restore defaults" if it doesn't.

net.max_halfopen is actually the one that controls that.

bt.connect_speed is related, but not the same thing. bt.connect_speed is how many new connections to try making per second, up to the limit of half-open connections (set by net.max_halfopen).

"but that (the number of connections per second) is exactly the value i had to tweak in other progs (emule for example) to avoid modem disconnects."

either you are misinformed about technical specs about ZCP/IP or your modem "ist scheiße" ;-)

Every normal corectly working Modem is capable of handling this amount of connections!

Archived