NAT Error with Linksys WRT54G

StarDweller

I have the NAT error in utorrent, and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I have set up a static IP address on this computer, and have followed all of the port forwarding steps properly, yet no ports will open at all. I have no firewalls or anti-virus running that could interfere. When I tried to open a DMZ, all ports were still closed off.

It makes me think that I may have set up the static IP address wrong, yet I have the same IP address every time I use the computer. As well, I set my static address outside the range of addresses my router will hand out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you mean this page?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4166/untitled6zh.jpg

how do i configure it?

on basic setup page (not the one in the picture) i have an option to change from "automatic DHCP" to "Static Ip", "PPPOE","PPTP","L2TP", "Telestra Cable" or "Disabled".

here: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2167/17kk1.jpg

am i supposed to change it somehow?

the thing that confuses me is that portforward.com tells me how to set up my router, WRT45G, in accordence to the default firmware. i switched to HyperWRT 2.1b1 +tofu13c and didn't know how to set it up. i set the port forwarding but now you say not to make the ip static like portforward.com says but through the firmware. then how should i set it up?

I have the same question as Extra. On the main setup, do you leave it at automatic DHCP or change it? And how do you configure the Static DCHP page?

I should mention that I am using the Linksys Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility for my connection, not sure if that would make any difference at all.

Okay well I left it on automatic DHCP on the first page, and tried to configure the static DHCP but the ports will STILL not forward. This is getting ridiculous, I have tried so much and spent countless hours trying to get it to work.

I'm starting to think it's a serious problem with the router.

thx for the reply.

so i don't need to change the main page setup, that one thing.

but about the Static DHCP under Setup,

yes i sent a picture of that page.

am i supposed to change something over there and if yes what and how?

EDIT: stardweller how do you know how to configure it?

Under IP address, I typed the static IP that I set for my computer. For domain name you can type anything, and for MAC I found the address on my PCI card config utility.

Extra are you having a problem getting ports to forward also? And what router/version do you have?

i have the router WRT54G and i don't know what version cause they said it said which at on it and i didn't find :P

anyway i guess it's not version 5 cause i use HyperWRT 2.1b1 +tofu13c and everthing is still working.

so after i upgraded the firmware i re-entered all the previous settings i had in "Port Range Forward" (the ones i set up according to the instructions in portforward.com), then i disabled the firewall. at this point the ports were opened again. now im just making sure everything's set up alright. right now im downloading at 6 kb but just a couple of minutes ago i was on 20 kb so it's o.k, still not satisfying though...

i used to brag about my fast, 90kb+ downloads before starting to use a router...

hmmm mac thingy? what is that? is it displayed when i do run</command<ipconfig /all ?

Well I have the exact same router as you, and seeing from your screenshots the exact same firmware. I input into my router to open the ports, but it simply does not work.

I get download speeds (non torrents) of around 200kb/s usually. What kind of internet do you have?

Anyways I'm not sure how to find Mac other than with the config utility. If your ports are opened, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. However due to your low download speeds it seems that they are not opened properly.

And remember some downloads waver in their speeds an extreme amount.

Hmmm...under device list, it gives me two separate IP addresses for my computer, but both have the same MAC address. Under the IF section it says Br0 for the static IP I set if that means anything. But I tried clicking on both, changing the port forwarding, and it still did not work...

And the static IP is the only one with a number under RSSI, and it's -73dBm.

Edit: I changed some settings on my linksys wireless pci card config utility so that it would get an IP address from the DHCP instead of setting a stable one thru the utility. It worked, and now I only see one IP address for my computer. However, port forwarding is STILL not working.

Archived