utorrent download speed goes up and down

robertin75

Hello:

First I already tried all the suggestions from the troubleshooting questions and still have this problem.

Whenever I run utorrent the download speed of one of the torrents (I just have one on the list) goes to an average of 430kb/s and after approximately 10 seconds it goes to 0.1kb/s and then bounces up and down but never reaching a constant speed.

Network icon is always green (Your network connections is working as it should)

Utorrentsettings4.jpg

Utorrentsettings3.jpg

Utorrentsettings2.jpg

Utorrentsettings1.jpg

Anyone know what's happening?

Thanks

Yes, I have put those settings on the setup guide but I get the same results. Even after entering either 640 or 768 the setup guide puts 475.13 kbits/s as a default.

Download speed goes to 430 (on average) and after a few seconds it goes to 0.1, even sometimes down to zero.

utorrentsetupguide.jpg

The openoffice.org torrent went up to 450 then after after about 40 seconds it went to 200, then after approximately 20 seconds it went to 320.

Not as bad as the torrent I'm downloading but still ups and downs.

Torrent settings:

Seeds 1(1)

Peers 48(83)

Does this sounds like a swarm problem?

I want to make sure it's not before attempting to modify all the settings suggested on your links.

Thanks

Those settings in combination don't EXIST on my speed guide chart.

I can't tell if it's a swarm problem yet...because your settings are likely too much for your connection. (A bit too high on max connections and possibly outgoing connection rate...nor do I know if DHT works reliably with your networking.)

So what are your suggestions?

I don't know what you mean by "Those settings in combination don't EXIST on my speed guide chart".

Thanks

UPDATE:

Did all your tweaking recommendations from your links but there was no change. Download speed stuck at 1.0 (on average).

By the way a lot of the tips refer to older versions of utorrent.

2nd link in my signature = my speed guide chart

Which tips?

Are you even looking at the same guides as I previously listed in my post? :(

(My signature of 4 guides is not meant for everyone to use ALL of them, they're just a convenient place to list them.)

I already tried all the utorrent settings you recommended on your links and the problem remains the same.

rafi's mini-guide/suggestions for a 2.0x user has screenshoots and options related to an older version of utorrent like "Apply rate limit to uTP connections", etc.

But anyway I tried all the options that were related to my urottent version and still no change.

If I close utorrent, wait an hour, launch utorrent again, speeds goes up to 500 kB/s but just for a moment.

If I close utorrent and immediately launch it, speed won't even reach 5 kB/s

What else could be going wrong?

Thanks

rafi's mini-guide/suggestions for a 2.0x user has screenshoots and options related to an older version of utorrent like "Apply rate limit to uTP connections", etc.

It's in the newest version (currently supported here). Let me know if you find any REAL issues with the tips... Until then - I recommend that you upgrade to it... :P

As I said in a previous post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The openoffice.org torrent went up to 450 then after after about 40 seconds it went to 200, then after approximately 20 seconds it went to 320.

Not as bad as the torrent I'm downloading but still ups and downs.

Torrent settings:

Seeds 1(1)

Peers 48(83)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Bro as I said I tried ALL your tips includying that one and still the same problem.

Speedtest results: 4.20/0.52

Did you really mean 600K? I think you meant 60 kB/s. Anyway I entered 600 and no change.

By the way I already upgraded to 2.0.3 and nothing new happened.

This is soooo frustrating. Downloading a torrent that would normally take 3 hours at full speed, it's gonna take 3 weeks to complete it at this pace.

Thanks

It would be easier if you just tell me straight what settings should I put on utorrent. I don't want to know how many bytes, bits, etc. there are on my internet line, etc.

What should I put on:

Maximum Upload rate

Maximum Download rate

Global maximum numbers of conetions

Maximum number of connected peers per torrent

Thanks

Thanks

Sorry bro but I am still on the same situation I was before applying all your settings.

I execute utorrent, speeds goes as high as 470 and after 5 seconds it goes down almost to zero and stays there.

What may be going wrong as your suggestions seem to be doing nothing for my problem?

Thanks

Archived