no incoming connection (uT v1.0)

skabov

hi

i have a new iMac OS 10.6.2 and i use uTorrent v1.0.0.0 (19873). i know there are a lot of these topics on, but none with this torrent version.

i dont use any router, no airport. just a plugged in LAN cable and thats my internet (ethernet). no forwarding, etc.

i still get "no incoming connection". i dont use a fire wall. i tried with fire-wall and enabled uTorrent (allowed all incoming connections) but nothing works. maybe you guys have some fixes.

should i ask the server provider what port i should use in uTorrent?

i hope you have solutions.

greets

• 4 weeks later...

i got OS X 10.6.4 on my new iMac. i wanted to use utorrent (but tried with transmission, vuze, etc) but all download-apps say "no incoming connection". i tried start (add the app to firewall-allowance) and stop fire wall. nothing works.

i cant do port-forwarding because i only have an installed cable modem in the room (wich is plugged into wall and my iMac).

i tried to download from same internetconnection with a windows pc and it worked. only my mac doesnt allow incoming connections.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me, I am a work in progress...but i'm having trouble setting up utorrent on OS X 10.6.4 ...I've tried transmission & vuse but i could not get a incoming connection...I tried port forwarding...I added the port to firewall allowance, i've added it to file sharing...I've looked at so many "guides" that my marbles are getting mixed up :/ I have a DSL modem from at&t..(2WIRE 2701-HG)....

P.S. I've searched all over for a set-up guide specific to MAC...what am i missing here?

• 3 months later...

Katchglass, the solution isnt too painful. 1 option is to put your westell router in bridge mode. Call up AT&T support and they will will help you. The other option is to plug the dsl modem into your computer via ethernet, adn turning on ip pass through. Now, turn around and connect your computer only to your router. Now have the router clone the mac address of your computer. Connect the dsl modem to the router via the wan port and voila, its like the router is connected directly on its own to the internet. Email me if you have any questions.

Archived