IPV6 peers are not being connected to ?!

rafi

SkyHi:

Have the same problem with ipv6 working though I've disabled it in the advanced settings, in Win 7 64bit, and uTorrent 2.0.3

Confirned on Win7 / x32 (Virtual PC...) . We have IPV6 peers for both true and false settings ... :(

Well on mine now (i've updated to the newest 2.2 beta 21002, nice work by the way its a lot better now) I guess it decided to auto install teredo which i'm fine with but it still connects to ipv6 with it disabled. The connections are all working properly but it shouldn't be on that's the only issue. Can't confirm if its reversed on win7.

Still on Win7 x64, I'm using 2.2 so I just thought we'd keep it all together seeing as the bug fix will have to be applied to the newest beta anyways.

With ipv6 disabled (in advanced) it still connects using ipv6,

I'm currently on a private trackers so i've only got 2-3 connections at a time and none are ipv6 at the moment so I didn't bother trying to confirm if it was reversed or disabled when set to false.

Hmm.. x64 :( it is a serious test-case, since this was intended especially for x64 OSes. Can you also try the ubuntu torrent (also in my sig) and see if it is reversed of always enabled (restart uT before testing, just to be on the safe side...) ?

Now its really weird, Enabling IPv6 and restarting causes teredo to be removed (button appears clickable in general again). I've got no actual working IPv6 connections with either setting now. Just unreachable errors. And the IPv6 trackers are also unreachable but that could be due to the fact that http ipv6 doesn't work for me atm. (uninstalled gogo6)

• 4 weeks later...

disable_ipv6 was added only for the purpose of avoiding a shutdown-hang bug on windows 7 (and possibly vista), caused by a bug in windows. The name might be a bit misleading. The hang was only caused by the listen socket and the UDP socket (opened on IPv6). The setting only disables those. It doesn't prevent the client from making outgoing IPv6 connections, and it's not intended to do so. Once MS has a fix for windows, we might even remove the option.

Archived