My uTorrent has gone from working perfectly, to barely eeking connect.

Haplogroup

Used to work perfectly except that I couldn't have download and upload max speed very high or I wouldn't be able to browse the internet. Particularly since I have a lower price end cable internet connection in the middle of nowhere.

But I set it to something moderate a long time back and it had been working fine ever since. Getting downloads fast enough, able to browse the internet just fine.

Then just recently it's like it's become kind of hit or miss. I'll have all sorts of peers listed, but despite that, only sometimes when I load up the program does it recognize this and start downloading and uploading the files it has listed.

I downloaded the original bittorrent client which now looks exactly like uTorrent.

I'd switch to that, but all my configurations/torrent files are on this client. And I have no idea how to move them too and fro.

I shouldn't have anything noteworthy new on my pc that should have signaled a downturn. It's been working with Avast just fine for a long time, and I've made no changes at all to my Firewall settings.

Right now I have a download going that says (182) seeds, and (217) "Peers". But I'm not getting any download speed and no other downloads are going. I have not changed any uTorrent settings recently. uTorrent is also semi-frequently transitioning between having that triangular caution sign and saying "network okay."

Also, by the end of this message, it's seeding and downloading again perfect being random as expected. I'd just give up on this message and thinking I'm "okay", if it weren't for the fact this was happening frequently. All last night browsing was working but I wasn't able to get uTorrent to seed or download. There it is again, it's stopped downloading and there's that "no incoming connections" triangle.

It's been a very, very long time since I've ever done anything to mess with firewall settings, and not even on this computer at all. So I'll have to figure out where on Vista I have to go to in order to mess with that again. I'll post any results if/when I do.

I don't know how helpful my bandwidth settings will be to mention, but you just said "more info about your settings". Maximum upload rate: 7. Maximum download rate: 7. Number of connections: Global Maximum: 75. Peers per torrent: 50. Upload slots per torrent: 3.

Queue settings: Maximum number of active torrents: 1

Maximum number of active downloads: 1

Seed while [Default values]

Ratio is <= 150 % or seeding time is: <= (min) 0

Transfer cap: not enabled.

Okay, here's the firewall settings.

Windows Firewall: On.

Exceptions checked:

uTorrent

uTorrent

uTorrent (TCP-In)

uTorrent (UDP-In)

Bitcomet.exe

Bittorrent

iTunes

Soulseek

I take it you're saying to delete this and recreate them.

Edit: I went back to using Bittorrent and it's giving me a red circle, unlike last time. Saying that my firewall IS getting in the way of my torrenting.

By the way, the antivirus I use, which could be the other thing getting in the way of my torrenting, is Avast. And I don't know how to mess with the Firewall settings on Avast.

Edit: I temporarily turned off the whole Windows Firewall. Figuring if I'm just torrenting two things from a tracker I trust I should be fine. Message still didn't go away. Then again I didn't restart bittorrent after turning off the Windows Firewall.

Oh come on, getting help CLEARLY isn't proportional to how much information you give out. Because soon as I gave as much information as I could immediately think of and find, this thread died. I'm thinking that I should just give up or look elsewhere for help.

Am I gonna have to bump this thread? I guess so.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Michael-PC

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : cablerocket.net

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : cablerocket.net

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-21-63-A5-E0-80

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::855d:ec08:89a6:4c19%11(Preferred)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : -Information Removed-(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:33:03 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 02, 2010 6:33:03 AM

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 301998435

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-10-BD-04-5C-00-1E-33-83-DC-E9

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : -Information Removed-

-Information Removed-

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern

et NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : -Information Removed-

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{0913D5A8-EAAD-4D04-821E-DF2C6404A

AB0}

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : -Information Removed-

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e74:4e:2b28:3100:cac8(Prefer

red)

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4e:2b28:3100:cac8%12(Preferred)

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : cablerocket.net

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.cablerocket.net

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

I've removed some of the data that I wasn't sure if would be compromising in some way or not, but this might help some people with understanding my situation.

That upload and download rate is reasonable for the fact I have an extremely low-grade, low-cost cable internet connection, from a small town cable internet service.

If I didn't set it that low, I wouldn't be able to browse the internet and torrent at the same time. And the people who I am living with disconnect me from the internet when my torrenting is getting in the way of whatever casual computer activity they're doing, to get any torrenting done, I tend to play it safe and just keep it all around low so I can get things done while I'm sleeping and never have to worry about someone randomly taking my internet away and never make any progress.

When I come across connection problems, I tend to set that lower and lower, and it usually fixes the problem. The maximum my connection gets is about 50 k up and 50 down.

When I say "eeking" out internet connection right now, I mean 2 kbp/s maximum.

Archived