This New 2.2 Beta

kissofd3th

OK, so I was using the most recent update until the 2.2 Beta. I went ahead and tried out the beta, and my downloads go nowhere. They barely hit 50 kB/s, when last night when I was still using the other update, I was downloading at 1 MB/s. What is up with that? Is it because there is a bunch more crap now, like the apps.

~Updated~

OK, I just went back to 2.0.3 and all my downloads went from like 30 kB/s to like 700 kB/s so whatever this problem is, it has to do with the 2.2 update.

Im having the same kinda issue.

I was downloading at up to 12mb now I'm lucky to get 1mb

WTF happened here??

*UPDATE * I downloaded 2.0.3 and im getting proper speeds again. SO Your right it is for SURE an issue with 2.2 Lets hope they figure it out.

If you guys would mind listing some system specs, network config and software config (os, av, firewall) we could start figuring out where its going wrong. I can say that I personally use that version and have had no problem with it, In fact I'm getting better speeds with 2.2 than 2.03 (less overhead)

OK so I removed any rules for the uTorrent application then re added them. same result..

SOmething else i noticed.. When 2.2 is running. Other internet processes slow to a crawl.

Example: When uTorrent 2.2 is running the lag for opening this page jumps considerably.

So its almost like its interfering with other tcpip processes?

Well can you try running that Westell 217W in bridge mode (seeing as it is a modem/router). If you can connect from pppoe through your computer as opposed to the router I'm guessing it would speed up a bit. As far as that being a fix, I'm not sure what I can really offer you. If that is the problem the only real way around it is to get a faster router, or stick with the versions that don't have this problem. You might wanna try the 3.0 alpha release or the most recent beta 2.03 (20683 was the last one I heard of)

• 5 months later...

Archived