uTorrent cannot reset magnet association from Bitcomet???

frat

Ok, BitComet set itself up instead of uTorrent to associate with Magnet links when I started using Chrome as my browser, so... in uTorrent options I clicked the "associate magnet uris" button, no joy! BitComet was already set to always associate with magnets, so I removed that association in BitComet, went back to uTorrent to associate again with magnet links but the button was still greyed out so the change could not be made. After checking my options in Chrome, restarting Chrome, uTorrent and finally Windows I cannot find a way to re-associate Magnet URIs with uTorrent. I am not 100% certain this is the right forum to find an answer but can anyone help? Torrents are still associated with uTorrent which is fine, it is just Magnet links which are not.

I had this happen a while back, I had vuze take over .torrent associations, and wouldn't return them even after a reinstall, for some reason it locked the whole association system to that install date, ended up reinstalling windows to clear it up. Big pain in the but. If you can't change it again try a roll-back to a date before this started happening, hopefully you have restore points still.

Archived