redownloaded uTorrent, uTorrent can't use multiple connections now. y?

crewxp

Hey, I installed a new wireless adapter to add an additional network connection to my computer. I have a total of 3 connections now. One LAN connection, one wireless, and another wireless.

Each adapter uses its own separate connection and ip.

uTorrent used to use all available connections, increasing my download speed. (Each is capped at about 200 KB/s). But after I installed the new wireless card, and re-downloaded uTorrent, uTorrent is only using one connection (my main LAN connection)

Is there a setting or a way I can get uTorrent to use all available connections again? I dont really want to switch back to Vuze. I like uTorrent so much better.

I was unaware that was even possible, I've never got a program to connect through more than one connection before, I'd heard of hardware solutions that allowed the use of tunneling to a remote server so that all traffic appeared to come from the same spot. but as far as I understood you would have to constantly monitor connections to and from to make sure they came from and went through the same line every time.

And another question how are you managing to connect to multiple wireless connections? Windows only supports the configuring of one at a time. I've tried. I'm assuming you have found some sort of third-party software to do it, from what I had found researching it only linux has the option so far and it requires command-line control to do so.

Yeah, it's definitely possible. I dont know why they don't advertise it as much, but it seems the feature was added in one of the 2.0 builds

And im a little confused to your question. Windows lets me manage as many adapters as I have in my computer. If I have 3 wireless cards, the drop down list allows me to select 3 different wifi connections. I can even select the order in which programs will use the connections first.

And yea, the program has to be programmed to use multiple connections. uTorrent USED to do it, Vuze does it, and Steam even downloads using all connections. If it's an old program or poorly coded, it'll only use 1 connection. Torrents is all I need it for though.

wow, really?

GTHK, are you sure? I found out about it on the uTorrent beta svn threads. A dev had said support for it was in the latest build of uTorrent but was done automatically.

It's been working fine for me for 4 months straight. You're saying it was windows screwing up for 4 months? Interesting.

Can you briefly explain what interface metrics does? All mine is set to default.

Archived