Upload slot limit not being obeyed in 1.4

gjgjgj

Hello,

In 1.4, for a torrent upload, i set the value of maximum number of upload slots as 3.

The torrent is being seeded fine but I still have 7 leechers connected to me. I should have only 3. I have proof of this and if the mods ask me, I can submit screen shots.

Also there is another question, is there a way to recognize that the seeder is the original seeder ( the first person who has 100% of the file).

The reason i am asking the above is because I have a slow upload speed. Now if I want to seed a file, and I see 6 people leeching it after a few hours...3 have downloaded 30% of the file and the other 3 have downloaded 10% of the file. Is it possible for me to kick out the 3 who have downloaded the 10% so that the ones with 30% get allotted a higher bandwidth and thus are able to download the file faster.

Thanks in advance,

Seeker

Are you sure you are using more than 3 upload slots per torrent? And have you enabled "Use additional upload slots if upload speed < 90%"?

You can't identify the "original" seeder, all seeders appear the same.

No reason to do what you're asking with regard to banning people with lower percentages complete. This is why µT doesn't have a manual kickban function.

The protocol doesnt know who is the original seeder nor do the trackers.

If you are the original seeder you might wanna look into super-seeding as an alternative and a solution for the other question.

Are you sure those are 7 upload slots used? seeing rates in the upload column does NOT mean its using an upload slot. You should look at the flags column and see Captilized U's.

Ok, 2 questions

a) what is the difference between upload slots and the no. of connections coming from leechers ?

B) is there a way to manually set the limit of number of connections on a single torrent file ?

Thanks in advance,

Seeker

• 2 months later...

Same problem here. I set the number of upload slots in the individual properties of the torrent to 3 and here I have 4 uploaders. I don't have the "Use additional upload slots if the upload speed <90%" either. This is either a bug or a useless feature. :rolleyes:

Archived