••• "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming" message

prana

Hello

I have this problem since 3-4 month. After short (random) time download stops and I get this error message: "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming". So I do resume, it starts again and I get the same error again...again...again...

I did remove all config files and installed again, the download drive have all permissions uTorrent and Bitorrent need. I did rehash downloads and and and ... nothing worked...

I saw this problem exist already longer, why it's not fixed? Any help?

Cu Prana

I have no bad sectors and I did rehash... anyway... even if I start new torrent it happens over and over again ...

I happens on my old PC p4.... and on new one x4 965 it happens again... with new hard drive... the damn developer should know why ...

I did install Bitspirit and it worked fine without any errors, so there no doubt its a bug... and I took over, the old files means they used the same rights... on Windows 7

I actually use Bitspirit... maybe forever or I switch to KTorrent if they fix installation bug...

uTorrent and Bittorrent can download and write for unknown time then I get the stupid error message... what's wrong here? It's kinda very simple, I have write permission or I don't have it... how can it be I can write 1-20 Minutes and then I can't?

Anyone can help? I'm 100% sure is a nasty bug somewhere... and it's from 2008 as I can see...

Well I will deinstall Nero since my gf have license 2 ppl Kaspersky Internet Security, she use that virus scanner but she don't have Nero, maybe that cause this problem.

I'm a bit disappointed the coder itself don't check that, I really would know what cause this error... I will let you know if the problems still appear after remove Nero...

The fucking Nero have 20+ deinstall routines, I will spend 30 minutes to deinstall that...

@prana While Nero has many different components there should be one certain one that will take everything, I can't remember which one it is. Also you could just run the installer again and deselect everything, should show something like -2,000 MB and just remove everything.

@ Hferr see GTHK's post above, apparently adding an exception may not always fix the problem, sometimes removal of the program is the only way to know for sure. I've never has specific problems with kaspersky however I've also never run it for more than about a day. It wouldn't be the first AV to have problems with a faulty disable switch.

That doesn't always work, thats why we recommend uninstalling not just disabling. Sometimes there are small required functions of a program that still get blocked regardless of exceptions or disabling. The only way to absolutely make sure that it is not the cause is to get rid of it completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived