Not able to Delete Old Torrents

Metal1988

Ok i am still new to uTorrent just FYI for you guys but i dont know how or why but whenever i load the Program i get a bunch of old torrents in my screen and they all have a Red ! next to them and i have noidea what i did but i think i may have gotten rid of the file and didnt get it off of my uTorrent before doing so...so if anyone can help i would be very very greatful thanks

P.S

I didnt know where to post this so i put it here

Your torrent history is saved in the file resume.dat stored in %appdata%\utorrent.

So if µT doesn't have the read/write rights on this file, it can't save your history (like erasing some torrent jobs) when you quit µT.

To delete completely a torrent job, right click on it and select one of the deleting options.

Well like i said i am still new all i really know how to do is download stuff and then delete Torrent + data and that doesnt work with the files still in my uTorrent that say "Error File Location Changed" thats becasue like in my first post i stated i deleted the files just not like i was supposed to.

EDIT: ok this is new when i went to close uTorrent just now i got an Error Message

"Unable To Save resume files. Som Data May Be Lost"

So I repost my message. :D

So if µT doesn't have the read/write rights on this file, it can't save your history (like erasing some torrent jobs) when you quit µT.

Check the permission rights of the folder %appdata%\utorrent.

Or try to run one time µT as admin. (right click on the icon)

Archived