Bandwidth and Network problem

JayG

Hi,

I had recently reinstalled my windows and managed to download once from utorrent. But all of a sudden now my downloads are extremely slow and my bandwidth automatically switches. It says France,Paris, when I am not in that country. I ran the test and thats when it shows me the wrong location and the network message. The message is that neither NAT-PMP nor UPnp is enabled. Please check your preferences. But I checked it and it is enabled.

Please help me solve this problem. I am not an expert so I am not really familiar with these things.

Thank You :)

That is just a guess of your location. It's actually a server that you can use to max out your connection and test how fast it is, it automatically guesses where the closest server is by the amount of time it takes for a response to come. As certain servers become less congested they may adjust the distance a bit.

As for the message you will probably need to manually port-forward as the router is not responding to automated commands. http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/connection-setup

Okay I see, so location really doesn't matter.

How can I manually port-forward? I read that guide you linked to, I am sorry but I didn't find it.

Also can you let me know what settings I should configure on utorrent?

But what is a good port to use if I was to set it.

And can someone tell me anything from looking at my download speed test. I did this at testmy.net.

Test Result Details

Your connection is: 810 Kbps or 0.8 Mbps

You downloaded at: 99 kB/s

You are running: 14 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 10.34 second(s)

Test Time:: 2010-07-30 17:13:28 GMT

Test ID: UOKZ3GCN6 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : You are only running at 21% of your hosts average

This was tested from a 4096 kB file and took 41.432 seconds to complete

*DON'T* use the 768 kb settings in utorrent speed guide (ctrl + g)!

800 kilobits/second is your max download, not upload.

Chances are, you have less than 350 kilobits/second max upload...possibly much less!

Test the upload and set uTorrent based on that.

Archived