PeerFactor+utorrent?

Knight

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so the brilliant minds at the Slyck forums have their party...

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20211

Excellent article, Mike. Very well done

I knew µTorrent wasn't trustworthy, from the moment I saw it was proprietary. Now it turns out I'm right.

I'm sticking to Azureus like always, so should everyone else.

And screw Strigeus.

Really stupid, in my opinion. I wonder if it's fun being paranoid... after all, everyone seems to be lately. If they can't get over the fact that there are (and always will be) proprietary things, ON TOP of being suspicious about anything proprietary, it honestly is really sad.

Red_Blue's especially funny.

The question is not so much whether he was working for the copyright mafia all a long and planted backdoors or call-home trojans in μTorrent, it's about moral character. Do you want to be using something you know was coded by someone now working for the guys who want to shut it down and sue you, potentially for millions?
...why don't you then inform us how it really is, preferably with first hand account from Strigeus, explaining why should we trust and support him now that he is working for the enemy?

And I'm sure he has real good moral standings. If he weren't doing something illicit, then what reason does he have to fear the entities he call his "enemy?" So much for his goody-two-shoe front.

Edit:

I'll be sure to comment that the day I turn my friends in and start working for the guys who claim that giving for free is stealing worth billions.

And so you don't have any right to be judging ludde's moral character.

"Claim?" IANAL' date=' but is it not common sense that giving for free is stealing if the material being "given" doesn't legally belong to the entity doing the giving, or if the entity with legal ownership doesn't give permission? Anyway, that's a different discussion altogether, so I'll just leave it at that.[/quote']

lol seriously, he doesn't turn his friends in, so isn't that morally incorrect, to be an accomplice in theft? Hypocritical... Now I'm not saying he should turn them in, but if he doesn't, then he really shouldn't be talking about morality =T

You do know he hasn't been paid a dime, right? And that he won't be unless the legal downloading service actually works, which was the contract he signed for?

Have you considered the possibility that they really are gonna make a legal downloading service using the BT protocol, like the contract says?

There's nothing wrong with supporting a -legal- service. If it turns out otherwise, then you can all say what you want, but not now.

And so the brilliant minds at the Slyck forums have their party...

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20211

Excellent article, Mike. Very well done

I knew µTorrent wasn't trustworthy, from the moment I saw it was proprietary. Now it turns out I'm right.

I'm sticking to Azureus like always, so should everyone else.

And screw Strigeus.

Really stupid, in my opinion. I wonder if it's fun being paranoid... after all, everyone seems to be lately. If they can't get over the fact that there are and will always be proprietary things, ON TOP of being suspicious about anything proprietary, it honestly is really sad.

yeah but i couldnt help but laugh at this

utorrent is nice and all but it really doenst get me any different performance in when doing anything and also it seems to drop peers more often and connect to less than azureus

May be it sounds paranoic, maybe not, but ludde helping an anti-p2p company, even if this is for something that is not supposed to be anti-p2p, even if the company is only a former anti-p2p and now changing its direction, its a sad news :(

ludde can't. According to Smoovious (in that post I linked to above)...

Then there is the confidentiality clause. We'll make the author agree to a confidentiality clause for the next 6mo duration of the contract, while we can say anything we want to.

For those of you that think hidden agendas, or rather agendas not aligned to your likings. Ie, to the paranoid, then I have something to tell you. We all stand on the same earth, we all breathe the same air and drink the same water. So, if you are really worried, you'd climb a tree, stop breathing and quit drinking. Doing that, don't forget to leave uTorrent on so we can have at your files while you are being dead.

Everyone, including those of us that free software/games have the right to also write pay software/games if we so choose.

I trust Ludde in his decision and I am sure that if he feels his getting the shaft from that place he'll drop it like a rock.

I really, really, REALLY, dont get the "If its not opensource, its spyware" approach. I've seen paranoid, But thats like starting your own nazi-like paranoid faction.

And that's just slyck-boys. I wonder what kinda of hell would break loose if this was presented on slashd0rkz or something of that sort.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=269971#269971

lmao I addressed those people calling for the open sourcing of µTorrent just because of this incident. Someone (who deleted his post) was saying like... "most applications should be open source." My reaction (further down) was like... WTF?? (though I didn't actually write it) xD

Edit: And so ludde speaks... not like his priorities weren't clear enough already (to us anyway)...

Edit: lol ludde responded to the open source thing too xD

Now, if µtorrent was indeed spying on us, I'm fairly sure we'd be detecting that already, nah, I'm sure that ludde just made a bad deal, unknowingly.

Not even that. Ludde did whatever the hell he wanted because, contrary to what all the thousands of sheep seem to think, just because you use utorrent doesn't mean you own Ludde.

Ludde can go work for the Dark Lord for all I care, as long as he keeps working on utorrent. He can even murder babies and I'd still use utorrent. It's not anyone's place to demand anything.

12yo kids sure enjoy getting righteous on the internet....

Archived