Please tell me how to make an auto-resume function for utorrent

wraith10219

I need an auto-resume function to be implemented into utorrent, because it continually has torrents with errors that stop them from downloading and i have already browsed all the forums and most of google for a solution, i just want the downloads to run smoothly without having to resume them every few seconds( literally )

Error is: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

also along with all these recent errors download speeds have dropped from around 1.5mb/s (normal going rate) to no more than 200kb/s on all downloads no matter the connection, availability, etc.

To be sure one of the developers would have to say, but I'd say no. I think the main point of it pausing on a crash is so that it doesn't overwrite anything if something goes wrong with the data, It requires user intervention to ensure that everything is in working order before it keeps going. Kind of like an auto shut off. However with that dealt with you shouldn't have to worry about that again anyways. The only time you should see utorrent requiring a resume would be a power outage or a application crash in which case you'd probably have to start the computer or program again anyways.

Archived