How do I do this?

Keni254

Good morning,

There is a torrent with about 40 files that has been sitting at 99.3% complete for quite some time. Of those 40+ files 13 are still incomplete. I have managed to get the 13 complete files from another source so that I could seed. I thought that by simply replacing the .lut files in the download folder with the complete files (yes I checked and the files size is an exact match so I am sure that I have the same file), that utorrent would scan the folder on start, note the added complete files, the download progress bar would scan to 100%, then I would start seeding. But that didn't happen. What do I need to do to get the program to recognize that the files are the same and that they are now 100% complete so that I can seed?

I just noticed something. I removed the fies with the .lut extension and then moved the complete files into the folder. Those files now have the .lut extension also. Since I know that these files are now complete, can I just delete the .lut extension?

OK everything working fine. I closed the client, pulled the new files out of the folder and put the old partials back, opened client to confirm operation as before stuck at 99.3, stopped torrent, went back to folder and pulled old out and put new in, opened client and force recheck was available, it scanned to 100% confirming all files complete, started torrent and began seeding.

Thanks for your guidance.

Archived