No Limits

Ambrae

Hello,

I'm using utorrent v 2.0.3 (build 20683) the latest stable version.

I used win xp, and no other torrent downloading softwear, although I do use another program for rapidshare type files (don't see why that would cause a conflict).

Only I have a problem. It seems to ignore what I ask it ^^' I've been trying to set it up so that it uploads as much as it can, and has a very narrow download limit... but it's not working.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my install, if there's a ghost problem or something I'm not doing right.

wtfst.jpg

rwtf.jpg

Could you help me fix this?

The tray icon also says the limit is at 10 kb/s, but it still downloads 'at its own speed'.

Ambrae,

In your "Preferences," under the "Bandwidth" section (which you have screen-capped below) you have set your "Maximum Download Rate" to 10k/sec.

If you want it higher, just change it to something higher.

I have had the experience in the past with uTorrent that setting it to zero SHOULD give you unlimited bandwidth, but it only worked for download, not upload. My upload stayes below 1.0kb/sec even though I verified the settings and upgraded to the latest uTorrent client.

You might have seen the same thing, just the other way around, or something not reported yet.

I would also change your upload from zero to some value, like 250k/sec or 50% of whatever your upload rate is. That might help too.

Archived