Overhead issues.

sp219

Hi, I'm running uTorrent 2.0.2 on Windows XP.

I have about 50 torrents seeding, and I'm having some overhead issues.

According to the status bar, I'm only actually uploading at a rate of 1.7 kB/s, but with overhead of 47 kB/s...

This doesn't seem in any way right. Any ideas?

900 kB/s with an overhead of 24.5 kB/s.

Edit: I guess that kind of answered my question already. That download just finished and upload overhead is back down to 0.

One question about that, though: Why so much upload overhead from a download, and, if it's a result of the downloading, why are the download and upload overhead values separate?

Even a regular download from a webpage using a web browser has about 3-5% overheads on the UPLOAD side. So if you're downloading at 100 KB/sec, upload overheads would be about 3-5 KB/sec at the same time. uTorrent's overheads are higher because it uses a more complex protocol (BitTorrent instead of HTTP) and has many connections at once.

sp219: I suggest you upgrade to 2.03 (latest release) . Once people will upgrade to it - the overhead there should be significantly improved.

Actually, I'm surprised that the mods ^up here did not ask you to upgrade allready... since they usually support only the latest releases ... :P

Archived