Not sure what speed settings to configure

Shadowafs8

Hey guys, uTorrent acts very weird for me. Usually my download speed on anything is about 300 kb/s. However uTorrent will be very shaky with it. At times it'll average from 10 kb/s to 50 kb/s and sometimes will jump to 200 kb/s but only for five minutes max. It's kind of annoying when downloading torrents that are about 4 GB and I'm thinking it must be something with the settings. It's even more annoying when I have to restart my connection because it cuts off out of nowhere. I know this is from uTorrent because I stopped using it for a while and this stopped happening. Also, it's not the seeders or peers. This happens with many different torrents.

I'm not really sure what settings I need to change. I have Verizon DSL (download speed from the download test says it's 2.72 mb/s, but it only goes about 300 kb/s) and I have that Westell modem linked up to a wireless Linksys wireless router which I have a few devices plugged into both wired and wireless. Can somebody please tell me what settings and how to configure uTorrent so I can get my full speed working? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. So I looked over the guides and enabled the settings that were given. However, after still running the test file from OpenOffice, it's still not working to my fullest. After running the configuration test (by pressing Ctrl +G), it says my router does not have NAT-PMP or UPnP enabled. I have Verizon online, ,with a Westell Model 6100F that's connected to a Linksys Wireless router model WRT54G v5. Any suggestions?

Archived