PC freeze with uTorrent 2.0.3

hibbs

My PC freezes consistently within a few minutes of starting uTorrent 2.0.3. Mouse control is lost and most other activity seems to stop. A hard reboot is always required. I don't have the knowledge to post any logs or records, even if there are any. I reinstalled uTorrent 1.8.4, the last version I had a copy of and it runs fine. I use WinXP pro, SP 3, PeerGuardian 1.0.0 and AVG Internet Security 9.0.851.

Of course not. Why would we want to keep something that works and instead go with something that slows down users connections by forcing upload and that's if you're lucky enough to still use your computer at all.

I've uninstalled so many applications from security suites to web browsers thinking they were issue when it turns out to be utorrent after it automatically "upgraded". This program went from working great to junk and takes a triple core computer with 4gigs of memory to its knees. Why on earth you guys have pushed development for this is beyond me. There are more issues now than ever before and you only course of action is to say "We don't support ANY 1.8.x version" meanwhile that's the only version that works.

I've tried this on three different systems and it is just an epic FAIL. Why is this being forced on us? Anyone know where I can find the 1.8.x since that one actually works? I'd rather not spend two days digging through settings of all my programs, uninstalling everything, because they "may" be the issue when in reality we all know what it is. It's this piece of junk.

@hibbs

Try uninstalling AVG, that is probably the conflict here. If that's not it then you can reinstall it later. Also make sure you configure your settings properly before you blame the version.

@Toilet Duck

If you had bothered to post logs we might be able to help diagnose what is causing this conflict, however you didn't not read the sticky's saying that we don't find old versions. They have bugs that have already been dealt with in newer versions. And again make sure you configure your settings including making new firewall rules before you go blaming the program. The only reasonable explanation is some other software you have installed is conflicting. If you want help then follow DreadWingKnight's link right above your post, Post those logs and we'll start from there.

Archived