How to make portable, or save to an external

vitali_bence

Hi Everyone,

It seems utorrent is pretty easy to make portable, but I'm using Mac OSX.

The many sets of instructions for Windows that are simple to follow, so I've even given them a go, but I think slightly different advice needs to be given for the Mac version.

Has someone got the way to do it?

Asher.

ps. if you want a description of what happens on Mac following the Windows instructions:

- I place the uTorrent application package on my portable drive.

- There is no settings.dat, so nothing to do there

- The program runs fine, but opens with all active torrents and setting that were present on the system drive version.

- If I set the download path to a folder on the portable drive, a new torrent functions for a time. The 'general' tab implies downloading to the correct path, but on inspection the folder does not exist, the sub directory has not been created.

- After download for 5ish minutes, the torrent errors with an exclamation mark. I guess it realises the file does not exist.

pps. All I want is to download to an external (since I have a small internal, but large external) hardrive. I do not need to move the program between machines. However, the above steps take place whether running from the system drive, or external drive.

Archived