uTorrent having trouble seeding

bebright

I don't think this is a problem with the torrents, but with uTorrent itself. I'm only trying to seed one of them right now, but both had the same problem where nothing is uploaded but the status is seeding. The availability for the torrent I'm currently trying to seed is 1.000.

uTorrent says my network connection is working as it should, and I even ran another test after my torrent was finished downloading to make sure.

Both torrents haven't been very popular; they each had less than ten seeds but no leechers. I don't want to hurt this...help!

I am having perhaps a similar problem - have just downloaded a torrent (new user), The download has been completed, the status is seeding but the seeds column says 0(32) - no update no matter how long i open it.

It is a movie, yet when I open folder it is stored as a windows media file - I can run the file, but get no sound (audio only).

Seeds are people who have the whole file already, just like you. Therefore you can't upload anything to them. You need peers to upload to. If there are little or no peers then the torrent is over-seeded.

If your network icon in the corner is yellow or red it could indicate a problem with your setup as well, If not setup properly then people can't connect to you from the outside and you wouldn't be able to seed. Make sure your firewall rules are properly setup and you are either using uPnP, NAT or Port-Forwarding to establish connections.

My peers column says 0 (5).

There is nothing wrong with my network (according to uTorrent, at least) -- the icon with the arrow is green. The icon on the bottom with the check sign is green as well.

Oh, I should probably add that I've never had problems seeding before. I was seeding rather quickly just last week!

It's the ratio. Depending on the internet speed of the peers on the torrent they may only choose to connect to a few seeders before maxing out their connection, so they don't bother connecting to you. Generally any torrent with less than half the amount of peers as seeders is very well seeded and most people will find it hard to get any upload speed on that torrent.

Archived