uTorrent freezing after download finished

Df

Using utorrent 3.0 alpha build 21169

When I updated to this build 2 or 3 days ago, the program started freezing whenever a download finished. The finished file was transferred to the folder indicated in the setup. However, when the program was closed and then restarted, the file started downloading again.

The restarted download does not delete the finished file but starts over again in the unfinished folder.

I am having the exact same problem - every time a torrent is done, the client freezes.

After restart, it looks for the (now finished) torrent in the incoming folder, doesn't find it (since it was just copied to the completed folder) and starts to dl it again.

I am running win 7 x64, also build 21169.

If thats the case, I wonder if system specs may play a part in it. Large files for instance would require a large amount of memory to transfer, Maybe you're just maxing out your ram, temporarily freezing utorrent while it gets moved in and out of pagefile. Does the program begin responding if you leave it for say 20 minutes? And how big are the torrents that are causing this to happen?

So you're all using move completed?

I do

If thats the case, I wonder if system specs may play a part in it. Large files for instance would require a large amount of memory to transfer, Maybe you're just maxing out your ram, temporarily freezing utorrent while it gets moved in and out of pagefile. Does the program begin responding if you leave it for say 20 minutes? And how big are the torrents that are causing this to happen?

ehm i dont think so, i downloaded a ~20mb file and an ~400mb file, on both µtorrent has a complete frezze (it frezze too when you have maximated &/or minimate the utorrent window)

Archived