quick look

supertl

This post should not have been trashed.

@supertl We can look into adding this functionality to the files tab. Please consider adding the request to the ideabank so we can better prioritize it against other features. Thanks for using µTorrent.

It would be great if you could launch files directly from µTorrent, similar to the way that the Windows version of the client behaves. If I double click on a torrent that saves to a folder in µTorrent for Windows, that opens the folder in Explorer, or if I double click on a torrent that is just one file, that launches the file in the appropriate application.

Why do I have to deal with the stupid 'Reveal In Finder' and use finder to launch the file when uTorrent already knows where it is? It is a waste of time and screen space to use an auxiliary application to launch a damn file. Firefox can do it, so in µTorrent, why can't I just double click to use my files?!

• 1 year later...

Sorry for necroposting, guys. I wanted to start new topic but timely found this one.

upintheclouds: This feature is being worked on (and will probably be completed soon)

Is there any progress in this direction, Firon? That'd be great. It's not that hard to right click, and then click open, but weirdly sometimes open option is greyed out and inactive which is kinda inconvenient. Thanks.

Archived