Option to disable "quit utorrent" cancellation window

fbsnow

I like to use utorrent's option to "quit when everything completes", but I would like that done without prompting me for confirmation - or rather cancellation (small window appears saying utorrent is terminating and waiting for 30sec or so for user to cancel).

I asked in General part of the forum if there is a way to disable this cancellation window, and it seems that there isn't, so it could be added as an option somewhere in UI settings.

The question still remains if it should be allowed to disable cancellation window if it is about to turn off computer (or restart, hibernate and such), since it really would be unpleasant (to say the least) to have your computer turned off in the middle of using it. My guess is that that is precisely the reason for not having that option at all. But if option "Quit when Downloads/Everything completes" is chosen, I see no reason to ask me to cancel termination of utorrent - and it can be really annoying, so unfortunately I often avoid this useful option in utorrent.

Thanks for reading, hope this suggestion finds its way to the developing team.

Best regards,

fbsnow

Preferences -> UI Settings -> Show confirmation dialog on exit

That was also said in my previous thread ( http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=82180 ), but I tested it, and it's not working that way. I tried right now again, just to be sure that I did it properly first time, and it is same again - Show confirmation dialog on exit was off, and cancellation window showed up when torrent was "Completed".

It is very easy to perform a test, since only a file or two from some torrent needs to be downloaded in order to have the torrent "Completed", which happens in a minute or two. Yet, for some strange reason, I keep on getting the same reply here.

Anyway, it might be nice little feature to actually have, but it is no big deal anyway.

Have a nice day and good Internet connections,

fbsnow

That's probably just a bug then...

Well, let me just add that "confirmation on exit" dialog is not the same one as the window I called here "cancellation window". Thus, it is no surprise to me that Preferences -> UI Settings -> Show confirmation dialog on exit doesn't deal with it, so I wouldn't call it a bug. Just a lack of a small feature. And omission of the feature is understandable if we take in consideration the fact that when some other option is selected (restart, hibernate, shut down, stand by) "cancellation window" really is needed, and there's no sense in turning it off (as I already mentioned before).

Best regards,

fbsnow

Archived