Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data....

AlexAl

When I try to download a torrent using utorrent 2.0.3 there is a little red icon at the bottom that says this "Listen Error you should change Listen port" and along with that when I tried to I guess troubleshoot this message comes up "Results: Speed test failed. Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the" and that's all it says. And at the bottom it says "Results: Port is not open (you are still able to download)" but I am unable to download anything at all. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

What port is set for utorrents use in your preferences. Make sure its something above 10,000. (it's probably using the same port as another program right now and above 10000 is generally safe to use) And if upnp doesn't automatically work for you, you will need to manually port-forward your router/networking hardware. http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/connection-setup

• 4 months later...

hi peeps, you could try what works for me,

I always get that message (connection failed error a request to send or receive data was disallowed) when i do the uttorent speed test, i live in the centre of england, so naturally i choose the london uk option :rolleyes: it never works!

so now i choose the france option the speedtest goes through fine :) and uttorent configures itself.

crazy i know.

• 2 weeks later...

:o Hi, everybody!

:( I have the same problem as AlexAl. I tried sweenybros's solution, but it didn´t work for me, even though I tried all available test locations. I am in South America. Doesn't UTorrent work here?

I've been using BitTorrent for 3 years without problem. About a month ago it stopped downloading and uploading altogether. I downloaded and installed version 7.2, and things got worse: it still doesn't download or upload, and besides, my long download list was EMPTIED!

A couple of days ago, seeing that many peoply recommend using UTorrent instead of BitTorrent, I downloaded and installed it, but it has exactly the same problems as BitTorrent.

My internet connection works fine. Does anybody have any idea about what's happening?

Thank you very much!

Came here just now to research this exact same error message: "Results: Speed test failed. Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the" No definitive answers here but, I think I just figured it out in my own case anyway.

Check the services running on your system and be sure that that DNS Client is running. I had disabled this a couple days ago for some other reason. Re-enabling and starting this service allows the Speed Test to work properly again.

It would be nice to know the full text of that error message. It seems to cut off midway through the message.

• 2 weeks later...

Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.

I believe this is the full message you are getting, you can find it in the log.

I'm having the same issue when I try to run a speedtest, port is open, but my speeds are a trickle, did anybody have any joy sorting this?

Thanks,

SB

Archived