<search here>

crackout

i'm tired of this <search here> in the search box.

an option to keep the box clear would be very very nice :P

this could be combined with a "clear after search"-option, which clears the box after a search was started in order to be able to start another without having to delete the entry yourself.

well, to tell you the truth when i first started on utorrent i didnt even knew what was that textbox for until i tried it :P

after it came with the text, i know of many people that understood utorrent came with a search function :P

so would be better not having it blank again :P

I agree however that it shouldnt be capitalized

What's wrong with capitalization? Everything lowercase looks unprofessional to me. And about the brackets... People often put angle brackets to mean some kind of parameter, so I'm not sure what the big deal with that is either. As for the clearing... wouldn't that sorta conflict with your other request?

Tiny sidepoint... although your other request pertains to search as well, is unrelated, so I don't see any reason to link to it... People will notice it if they visit the appropriate forum.

id rather see it not clear after each search as ive had to search on different sites to find a couple of torrents, so would rather the search stay in the window so i dont have to type it every time i wanna search a different site, its easier to just double click the search box and type over last search if you wanna search for something else.

What's wrong with capitalization? Everything lowercase looks unprofessional to me. And about the brackets... People often put angle brackets to mean some kind of parameter, so I'm not sure what the big deal with that is either.

unprofessional? haah!

<Search Here> is not a *parameter*, it is a description.

Ultima: with regard to the capitalization, you only capitalize the first word of a sentence or a proper noun. (I'm sure you know this already, just explaining my logic :P) That's why "Search Google" makes sense but "Search Here" doesn't. I'd suggest "Search here", then.

Gah, can't believe I'm arguing over this. :P

Archived