download speeds increased but slower utorrent downloads

joshualittle

I recently called time warner and had a tech out. He changed out the modem and changed some fittings. A couple morning ago I was getting 1MBps download for my torrent. When I did my speed test this morning in utorrent I am getting 786.43kbit/s upload and 17.61 Mbits/s download or 2.1MB/s. Yet I am only getting 155KB/s for all of my total downloads which is 10 movie files right now. I should be getting at least 1.5MB/s. I've tried limiting my downloads to 4 or 5 at a time but this makes no difference in my speeds. I would appreciate any help. I have my port open and it says my network is properly configured.

There's no magic speed increase. The only way your download speed increases,is if the people uploading to you increase their speed, either through more peers uploading to you at once, or the individual peers increasing.

There's no magic bullet to increasing your download speed, because bittorrent doesn't care.

That said, your later post that 'all settings are default' isn't really true either, unless you've not set it up at all, since the default settings for 768kbit upload, is 5 torrents and you've got 10.

Archived