Hiding and unhiding columns in new BitTorrent Client 7.0 Build 21180

FfuninTO

Just applied this update (from BitTorrent Client 6), and found that I can no longer click on the column headers in either the download window nor the Files in download details pane to hide or re-display columns. I had the filename column hidden when I upgraded, and now can't see this column at all.

Quickly checked FAQ and did a forum search, and found nothing that appeared relevant.

Any suggestions?

Right Click was what I tried - When I Right Click on the title, I get the menu option as though I was on a torrent, with options to "open, open containing folder, Copy Magnet URI" etc. When I left click on the title, it sorts by that column, which is what I expect. I'm able to drag to move the columns around, but just not Right Click to re-add or remove.

Further update - when I ensure that no torrent is selected, then right click, no menu option comes up at all.

I also tried again through the lower pane, and experienced the same basic results - right clicking brings up a menu as though I'm on a record if there's one there, and no response if there's no record, or no action possible.

Just right click on the column HEADER. I just tested it and it works fine.

That's what I'm doing, left click works, right doesn't - I know it's frustrating as it works for you, but I assure you, it's the column HEADER that I'm right clicking, it's just not responding as though I am.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to trace the window messages with Spy++, but it is difficult to know where to look without the source code. WM_CONTEXTMENU, WM_PARENTNOTIFY and WM_MOUSEACTIVATE messages are correctly routed to the main window, but who knows if these messages are handled "locally" by the List View or globally by the main window?

If you give me some pointers I would be glad to further investigate the problem.

• 1 month later...

Archived