Seed only not working properly

BonethuG

I am currently using uTorrent 2.0.3 and also BitTorrent 7.0. With both these programs I have recently noticed that while 'Seeding Only' is active, my download speed may reach speeds of 20kb/s. Whats even more strange is that there is Nothing being downloaded, only completed torrents that are seeding are active.

Setting the Maximum Download Rate to 1kb/s brings the download speed down to approx 4kb/s with 5.5kb/s overhead. I never had to previously set a download rate before to handle download speed whilst in Upload Only.

Any help would be appreciated.

But why has it increased so much recently? I mean before while in 'Seed Only', my download speed would be maybe 1-2kb/s, now in the 20kb/s. Its making a visible dent in my download usage. Also the data being downloaded is showing in the D: category, not the O: category, so is it really protocol overhead?

Thanks

It's not that it has increased so much, it's that the amount that is getting reported has updated properly.

And RSS feeds and DHT don't always get categorized properly, as well as the fact that the O: is an estimate most of the time.

Run fewer torrents at once and fewer peer connections rather than trying to set a download speed limit.

Archived