uTorrent crashes

grmmu

so, here's the deal: the program crashes whenever i try to dl something. it downloads for a while, then suddenly the blue screen of death appears and the system reboots. i have tried hard to fix this, even formatted the entire drive and put it on a fresh system, didn't help. it also happens with other torrent programs (bittorrent). i'm starting to think it's a hardware malfunction, but that makes no sense. note, it didn't happen before i upgraded my pc, now it's running on Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 32-bit windows7 ultimate installed. and it's crashing. help?

"irql not less or equal" basically means driver DLL crash. Probably your networking drivers...which is why DWK is having you chase them down.

NETIO.SYS <- is that a Microsoft file or something that got installed as part of your network adapter or 3rd party security software?

Internet security software is Avira. I downloaded and applied the latest network adapter drivers, alas, the problem persists. Netio.sys, huh, dunno how and why it got installed. I can find it in C:\Windows\System32\drivers and in C:\Windows\winsxs\somethingsomething folder.

Archived