uTorrent is using extra disk space

mgrande7

I've been using uTorrent for some time now. Just recently I switched from downloading files to my main hard drive to an external one. I've just noticed that the disk space is still being use up on my main hard drive as well as my external hard drive. When I delete a torrent and the data, my external hard drive regains its space while my main hard drive does not. It's come to the point where at least 20 GB of my main hard drive is being use up by what seems to be nothing. Can someone help me with this, please? Thanks a lot.

Thank you for the response. I had to give it a little time to see if the problem was solved, but it isn't. I did already know that the files were moved to the trash bin, but at least what you told me removes the step of deleting them from the trash. I have nothing in the trash (no hidden files that I can see either), and space is still being taken up on my main hard drive even though I have the files are being downloaded to my external hard drive. Any other suggestions? I've been searching the internet for a while, and I haven't found a thing.

Alright! I solved what was going on! uTorrent wasn't the program taking up the space on my main hard drive; it was peerblock. Every time peerblock would block or allow an I.P. address, it would log it, making the history file in peerblock larger. This file was literally 83 GB large! I deleted the history file and all is well :) Thank you for your help, schnurlos. Hope this helps anyone else who's having this problem!

Archived