I DOWNLOAD TORRENT AT MAX DL speed, then SLUMPS 30KBPS AT 80% COMPLETE

helloworldHEHEHE

SHORT AND SWEET.

I DOWNLOAD A TORRENT. SIZE 7 GIGS.

DOWNLOAD SPEED NICE. 170 KBPS. UPLOAD 15KBPS

ALL OF A SUDDEN, AT 80%, DOWNLOAD SLOWS TO 30-50 KBPS, BUT UPLOAD SOARS TO 60-70 KBPS

NOW: PLEASE SEE PICTURE BELOW

FluxBB%20bbcode%20testhttp://i34.tinypic.com/aw9h7b.jpg

AS YOU CAN SEE, INCONSISTENT/WAVY DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

HOWEVER, WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD A POPULAR TORRENT, SPEED JUMPS TO MAX CAPACITY. NO INCONSISTENCY. STAYS AT MAX SPEED ALL THE TIME

I AM FRUSTRATED WITH THIS TORRENT, IT WON'T FINISH. WHY IS IT SO?

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CONNECTION ISSUE. I HAVE NEVER HAD A CONNECTIONS ISSUE OF CAPPING AND ETC.

ONCE AGAIN, IT IS ONLY THIS TORRENT THAT IS INCONSISTENT AND SLOW AT THE END, WHILE ANY TORRENT I DOWNLOAD I GET INSTANT MAX SPEEDS. AM I A LEECHER OR WHAT? THANKS FOR INSIGHTS

thanks for reply.

sorry for caps. no anger intended, only for viewing pleasure so people can reply.

now....

setup guide is 500 500 500 (global connections, and others)

i didn't have any problems before, so i don't know if that is it.

backgrounder. may connection is 1 MBit

the reason i didn't follow the speedguide because i find that using the proper max upload (which would be around 50 kbps or 400 kbits) would limit my max connections to seeds. which would hurt my download, and I can't get max speeds from that. sounds logical or am I just missing the mark?

so there :D that's the answer.

in terms of firewall ports, no problem there since ever.

thanks i hope you can reply and read this as i submit.

the reason i didn't follow the speedguide because i find that using the proper max upload (which would be around 50 kbps or 400 kbits) would limit my max connections to seeds. which would hurt my download, and I can't get max speeds from that. sounds logical or am I just missing the mark?

You're not even aiming in the right solar system

Follow the connection setup guide. Seeds don't guarantee speed.

Hi! hope you're still there.

Okay assuming i got the speedguide right. 512kbits, 60kbps*8 = 480kbits round up.

it seems that my speed chart became consistent! to some extent

however the specific torrent still fails to get max speeds. it only goes upto 70-80 kbps

however, when i revert back it gets to 100 kbps, however some inconsistency prevails.

If i may clarify...

the download speed doesn't actually concern me.

what i'm concerned is why only this torrent does this, and at 80%. if i download any healthy torrent right now, i'd get instant 160 kbps download up front. this torrent was like that, too. 80% ago.

okay dreadwingknight.

i finally got the 160kbps i was looking for.

dab nabbit. i think i'm just impatient and wanted to finish the torrent asap.

it has to do with availability!

dunno if you're interested. i guess you've encountered this before, soooo.....

just as an FYI to forum readers and googlers. however simple the problem maybe :D

------------

in some parts of the day the seeders (parenthesised part) went from 3000 to around 2000. at that time my download went down also.

there was no cap as i said.

i guess there are times when the "gracious" seeders are online, and that's where the torrent becomes more available.

i got my 160 kbps speed once again. this is the same time that i started downloading the torrent from 0%.

seems that my torrent will finish in an hour hahaha.

Thanks for all your help. appreciate it! props mehn for the good job. and good luck!

please mark as solved, kinda. or closed :|

Archived