I have tried everything.......

alex97

I am new to the forums (registrated about 10 minutes ago) and I have a modem through wich I have acces to internet. The modem is from Vodafone, brand HUAWEI K3765. The modem also has an application, wich sais wich speed I curently have. I have a traffic of 2gb during wich the application sais i have speeds of 2 mb/s, but when I download something with utorrent, I get speeds of only200kb/s. When I exceed my traffic, my speed is reduced to 150kb/s(or so they say). The application sais I have speeds of 150 kb/s, but with utorrent, I only download at 15kb/s. I have tried ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! Youtube videos, the upload limits, the icon on the bottom is green, my firewall(Windows default) is set to allow utorrent, and the port 6881(wich I'm using). I have no idea how to do port forwarding, because when I enter my IP adress in the browser, I get nothing(I don't think that forwarding is for modems) I also used PFConfig, but it doesn't have my modem. But I did manage to set a static IP, but I don't know if it helps. And i'ts not the torrent I'm downloading, because, absolutely all torrents go that slow. So can anybody please help me? Reminder: The modem sais that my current sped is of about 150kb/s, but utorrent still goes with 15kb/s, even if I close the web broser. I want at least to get 50 kb/s.

P.S.: When i do a direct download with Firefox, the download speed is of about 30Kb/s!

P.S.2: Sorry for any mistakes, but I'm in a hurry.

a 2Mb internet connection (mega 'bit') has a max effective speed of around 200 KB (Kilo 'Bytes')

1Byte = 8 Bits.

200 is very close to your max speed.

What you need to do is configure uTorrent based on your upload speed (not download).

Check it at speedtest.net and then use the speed guide to auto configure your client (ctrl + g in utorrent) based on the closest number below your tested upload speed (it will be shown in bits)

so they actually reduced my speed to 15 kilo BYTES! and my speed when my traffic is not exceeded is of 200 kiloBYTES? well that isn't nice! so they take abuse of the confusion created to sell their product! thanks anyway for clearing that up!

Archived