Newb W/Prolly dumb Q's

black91gs

Hey guys. So I am new to this whole game. I downloaded some torrents and set download save file to my preferred destination. Everything worked, except some of the downloads once completed would not show in the destination folder. The folder I set-up would be there but, would not contain any of the files just downloaded. I forget how I eventually transferred them to iTunes, but it worked.

Then I wanted to change the drive all my music files were being saved in, from C to D. After I did this all my torrents gave me the "Error invalid download state, try resuming" I deduced that was caused by my switching the original file destination, which was originally in the C drive. So now my dilemma, when I right click the torrent and re-set the download destination then force re-check, the containing folder once again shows no files. But when I go to my computer and access the files, the files are in there containing folder. Its almost like utorrent doesnt recognize my download destination or something.

When doing the force re-check after re-setting the download destination, the process will quit at different points. I.E. some will go all the way to 98% and some will stop right at .03% I have successfully re-established one torrent. I want to fix this issue so that I can continue uploading for people.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Thank you for your response. But im confused, what is the file extension? The part where you replace (bc) Where do I find what the file extension that is for the specific folder I want to adjust?

Also im further confused for this, I just recently downloaded new torrents in my new drive and there gonna stay there. Once again I get the error message on utorrent. But I have not changed the destination. And once again when accessing the folder from utorrent, to re-set download location, the folder is empty. But when accessed out side of utorrent like from my computer the folder has its contents. Im really not understanding what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not aware of folders having a file extension added by uTorrent.

.bc is only for BitComet clients -- you're not using that, so you shouldn't have that problem.

You have to be very certain when resetting the download that you've followed the migration guide exactly. Stop torrent, change location, force recheck torrent...only then can they be "good". Also, some torrents create their files in a subfolder -- pointing uTorrent directly inside the subfolder won't work, it has to be pointed to the parent folder instead.

Yeah I dont know dude. But this is getting rediculous, im about to throw my computer out the window, jump in my truck run it over, get out and start punching it. This way I can work on my ground and pound while destroying something that no longer captures my attention.

But seriously. Im now getting the same error message saying parts of the file are missing. But there not. I am out of ideas. The files are in the their containing folder, where I originally set the download location. But uTorrent does not want to recognize this. Same thing with iTunes. When I go to 'Add Folder to library' and locate the folder, it shows no files. Yet it still transfers the file over. Im probably just a giant idiot and should swallow a bullet.

Itunes won't show any files because it's only looking for folders, It won't let you select what it can't use.

Curious, did you use iTunes to move the files, or add them to the library prior to re-checking? Because media players have a tendency to edit the md3 tags of mp3 files, effectively changing the files hash and making uTorrent unable to use the pieces.

Itunes won't show any files because it's only looking for folders, It won't let you select what it can't use.

Curious, did you use iTunes to move the files, or add them to the library prior to re-checking? Because media players have a tendency to edit the md3 tags of mp3 files, effectively changing the files hash and making uTorrent unable to use the pieces.

In essence I guess I used iTunes to move the files, being that the download location is in my iTunes folder. So what I tried with my last download was putting it in a seperate folder from my iTunes folder. Is there a way to rename or fix the iTunes edit to those files, so that I can seed them properly?

Not easily. You'd have to know exactly what was on them before itunes 'fixed' them. If you recheck them, some pieces may come up as correct and you could download the other pieces again, but it's highly unlikely you're gonna get it all back to the original seed-able versions without redownloading a lot of it.

Not easily. You'd have to know exactly what was on them before itunes 'fixed' them. If you recheck them, some pieces may come up as correct and you could download the other pieces again, but it's highly unlikely you're gonna get it all back to the original seed-able versions without redownloading a lot of it.

Dang that sucks. Because I would screw up my ratio just to seed. Hmm. Thank you for your knowledgeable response.

Archived