Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 2.0.4 released

How about if I dont have malware and I use microsoft security essentials

Will it say the same as his?

Also so in a way if his anti malware did not throw false positives on utorrent does that mean he wouldnt have gotten the malware warning?

Thank you I was worried for a second.

Also I am not sure which utorrent to download the 2.0.4, griffon 2.2, or the 3.0 falcon.

Which one is safer or are the three equally safe?

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for the help.

Thanks for the help really appreciate it the help.

Also was wondering after I download 2.0.4 do I have to download something else with it or just the utorrent?

Also when I install it has let utorrent through the firewall checked so I canceled the install so I can ask here if its safe to leave it checked or should I uncheck it?

Thanks for the help.

Looks like I get to eat my words, rafi.

-- 2010-10-07: Version 2.0.4 (build 22450)

- Fix: uTP EACK vulnerability

As long as it's for a good cause ...:) But why the heck didn't you change the version # to 2.05 :( There is still time to do that !

And what is this issue anyways ? Can you say a few words about it ?

Sorry for the trouble but before you install 2.0.4 it shows a box checked saying to let utorrent through the firewall.

Should I leave it checked or uncheck it?

Also if you chose to tell me to leave it unchecked will it leave my computer vulnerable or will I still be safe?

Thank you.

checked. and if you have a more decent none-Windows FW you should take care of making exception for uTorrent in it too... You take risks in life, in running any P2P program - is one of them... :P

Upload limiter is not well tuned for uTP in the latest two releases. Speed is going just a bit over the limit. Can you fix it before you put it on the update server ? (and maybe change the version to 2.05 at the same time ... :P)

44616707.png

So if I leave it unchecked would it like slow down my download speed or would it do something else?

Also its a windows firewall.

Thanks for the help

I left the let utorrent through firewall check box unchecked and its acting normal.

Is something bad going to happen later on for what I did?

Did I mess up?

After the torrents finished downloading they dont seem to be uploading shouldn't they be uploading automatically after download?

Thank you for the help.

Still not download file which have 0 byte, It's a text file without data inside but I do not understand why it's not download. Intend or bug and why? I just want to know what exactly why.

How to share a 0-byte file?

Many filehosters send an error when you try to upload 0-byte file.

µT is not the only application in this case.

If I'm understanding the specs for the BitTorrent protocol correctly, if a zero-byte file is defined and hashed, the client is still expected to create the file on the downloader's filesystem.