Jump to content

µTorrent 2.0.4 released


Firon

Recommended Posts

Firon wrote:

The timer is supposed to wrap every 49.7 days, not 3 weeks.

@Firon:

1. 2.04 was not out for that long, and yet you see the problem reports here and now

2. alus said it was 22 days for him, on IRC

3. 2.2 will not be out in 3 weeks

4. ...

but I guess you should do what you always do... :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I can run the client using uTP but the thing is that the transfers with some peers will drop to 0 so I don't use it."

I have that problem on ComCast, and attribute that mostly to older uTorrent versions' broken uTP implementation as well as having a tenuous connection to them.

I've seen uTP "overcompensate" for lag and drop to near-0 speeds for no apparent reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Copy Peer List

188.115.133.38:0

46.118.70.135:0

95.133.109.200:0

194.105.196.36:0

79.139.185.190:0

46.114.61.114:0

94.253.108.139:0

95.68.135.33:0

194.6.165.178:0

95.143.213.231:0

178.137.10.130:0

109.94.73.227:0

212.92.244.195:0

91.192.136.65:0

77.79.172.153:0

92.243.181.219:0

2.95.50.136:0

194.187.105.178:0

92.113.12.233:0

109.75.198.86:0

82.196.88.42:0

95.129.166.87:0

193.160.224.4:0

95.139.244.253:0

95.133.207.143:0

92.112.22.20:0

95.190.121.15:0

70.56.127.149:0

109.197.142.172:0

95.132.107.116:0

46.109.58.228:0

93.81.126.105:0

82.131.50.22:0

95.81.222.116:0

212.86.253.132:0

95.129.166.101:0

109.94.73.150:0

77.121.124.160:0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have that problem on ComCast, and attribute that mostly to older uTorrent versions' broken uTP implementation as well as having a tenuous connection to them.

If that is so, why not disable uTP in those cases by software. I (2.0.4) download at 20-30 kB/s from a Bittorrent 7.0 peer using tcp. uTP drops it to 0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess he points at port ":0" . uT keeping track of incoming connections that way is really confusing. More over uT also count them at the main view-peers' list. I suggest that as long as you don't have a valid IP:PORT pair - at least don't count them toward the total peers' display.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

µTorrent needs to fix the downloading of the translations. Each time I install µTorrent on a clean Windows 7 install and download the Dutch translation, µTorrent ends up being half translated. About 50% English and 50% Dutch even though the Dutch translation is 100% complete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does it happen with other languages too ? If not - maybe the translation itself is corrupt ?

I don't know, if people who are German or Norwegian or whatever have this problem too I hope they report it as well. The translation itself is not corrupt because when I manually download the language pack and apply it to µTorrent, it works fine. So something during the downloading of and applying the language during the official µTorrent installation goes wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mcaspi said, "If that is so, why not disable uTP in those cases by software. I (2.0.4) download at 20-30 kB/s from a Bittorrent 7.0 peer using tcp. uTP drops it to 0."

Because some peers/seeds now only work with uTP. And as you're seeing, others might only work properly with TCP. I've got my end set up to receive incoming uTP connections but not make any outgoing uTP -- letting the other ends decide what to use.

To get uTP incoming only, but TCP both ways... Set bt.trans_disposition to 29.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did that change even before you wrote it (asked just to make sure). In this certain connection speed dropped to 0. It looks like the remote client chooses uTP as the connection type. It looks to me that certain client versions can't make a good uTP connection and that is why I choose to disable it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another case. My 2.0.4 connected to 2 peers using 2.0.4 on the same ISP (them) and transfering TCP. When I enable uTP, the transfer continues to one of them. To the other, the transfer drops to 0. In my opinion uTP needs more testing.

It could be that one has the firewall/router configured correctly and the other doesn't, or that one's router can't handle uTP well. There's a number of reasons other than bad ISPs that need to be addressed by the end user. I'm not saying the uTP implementation is perfect, just that there's more possible issues out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...