Automatic high priority

Davoh

I'm not sure whether this feature has been asked before but here goes. When downloading a torrent with a series of episodes I usually put the 1st episode on high priority to make sure it downloads 1st, once completed I then put the 2nd episode on high priority, and so on in this pattern. So I'm wondering if you can build an automatic high priority switching option which can do this automatically?

PS - I know I could put a small group of episodes on high priority each time or something but this doesn't always guarantee that they are downloaded sequentially.

http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/678781-more-priorities-for-files-in-torrent-?ref=title

This feature was just implemented, (not sure what versions have it yet)

16 priorities have been added. It's an extra option in UI Settings.

Also, there's a feature to auto-prioritize the selected files.

Thanks, I've downloaded the alpha version and the 16 levels of priority helps a lot.

One last question, on the forum post it said that there's an auto-prioritize feature as well but I can't find how to turn it on anywhere or is it already on by default?

On by default would be VERY bad, because everyone is using it...even on torrents where seeds are very few and about to leave, thus leaving the torrent unfinished for everyone else.

I think you need to check either the v2.2 or v3.0 message threads for details...

Archived