UTORRENT 2.0.4 giving me OffLine (Timed Out) on many torrents now

Caji

i upgraded this morning from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 and now I am getting The Tracker message OFFLINE (TIME-OUT) on many of my torrents, downloading and seeding. It wasn't doing this till I upgraded today. Can you go back to a earlier version of UTorrent? I have tried just about everything i know to get it to work correctly but as of yet it want. I have about lets say 50 files that are done. O.K. For some reason, maybe it is suppose to be like this, but 25 will say seeding and maybe only 10 will say queued seeding. I have my Max. number of active Torrents set at 10 so shouldn't these 25 seeding Torrents be saying "Queued seeding" instead of seeding. Seems there are to many saying seeding when my max is set to 10 for upload and downloading. If 8 are downloading then shouldn't only 2 be saying seeding? Anyway, back to the main problem of "OFFLINE Time-out" for Tracker. It is just not 1 Tracker but 3 that say this and these trackers are working O.K. on most of the torrents also. Some on lets say some trackers on IPTORRENTS are working and some are not working. Any one else having this trouble? Any ideas as to what I might do to fix this? Thanks for any help. Reading all I can...Thanks....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Avira.It hasn't given me any problem so far.But now since I upgraded to 2.0.4 I have many timeouts-offline torrents. I tried cutting off the Avira but it didn't help. It still wouldn't connect to tracker on some of them. Don't understand why it can connect to tracker of Demoinoid on some of their torrents and not all. i just use demoioid as a name. it does this on all the Torrents, works and not works with same torrent place.

Yes, i removed and recreated exception in firewall. It dowsn't do it on ALL the uploads and downloads just right now on 8 of them.It just so happen these 8 are ALL demoinoid Torrents. But earlier I did see it on a different Torrent giving the same timeout-offline message. Not all of the demoinoid Torrents are giving me this offline-time-out right now. Like I say, it is just 8 of them out of lets say 30 of them doing this. i am working with the firewall and virus protection off right now. Like I said it just started today and seems like it was just after I upgraded to 2.0.4. Looks like if demoinoid was messed up on their end it would effect ALL their Torrents and not just some of them...I don't know......Anyway, I will keep trying and keep reading. Thanks for any and all help........

P/S...By the way..The "UPDATE" tracker selection is greyed out for all of these that are giving the time-out offline error and it want let you upgrade tracker at all right now for some reason.....

Yea, I've seen them do funny things also. Hoping that was what it is but it has been doing it now for about 6 hrs. Maybe things will resolve on their own. Don't want to mess things up worse than they are...lol....

P/S...I'm about to believe it is Demoinoid fault since I can't click on "Upgrade Tracker"....I just can't understand how some of them can be down and others up on Demoinoid at the same time . But I guess it can be....lol...I guess it's the Demon in them....lol....Hopefully things will clear up later on tonight, if not, I'll get back into it and find out what wrong.....Thanks for everyone help.....

I am having the same trouble of Demonoid timing out but my other trackers are working fine. However, this did not occur until the very moment I updated my utorrent client...so I am reasoning that it is something to do with utorrent's new update rather than Demonoid this time because of the synchronicity of the two events....updating and timing out.

I tried going back to an earlier utorrent but that did not help. OMG!

Anyone else having this problem???

The same problem with me and everybody who installed the new version of uTorrent at What.cd, a lot of torrents timed out and shows 0 peers at almost all torrents.

I think there's some bug in the transition and I think you guys should fix it, I already tried to reinstall the old version but the problem insists, the same problem at other trackers too

I have just noticed that Demonoid has changed their tracker to 3401...I have had trouble with this tracker in the past....it always timed out...it seems they've brought it back and I'm having the same trouble...seem to be anyway but it is strange that the utorrent update and this tracker change should have happened at exactly, exactly!! the same moment...weird no?

The same problem with me and everybody who installed the new version of uTorrent at What.cd, a lot of torrents timed out and shows 0 peers at almost all torrents.

I think there's some bug in the transition and I think you guys should fix it, I already tried to reinstall the old version but the problem insists, the same problem at other trackers too

With me the 3401 times out...but 3406 announce is okay...working...so I don't know that it is utorrent but it may be....very sketchy this.

If it were a bug, everyone would have it, not just a few, and not just on a percentage of the torrents they run.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Bugs can affect a few and not just all...if things were fine before 21515 and then everything goes to hell right after updating then the chances are very very good that it is this build...and it's not a few people...I've talk to people and it is a LOT of them that are having problems.

I do not wish to be difficult but fluffing people off with the above is not helpful

I'm using AVG security

I've both removed and than add to my Windows firewall exceptions

Still no joy

Archived