UTORRENT 2.0.4 giving me OffLine (Timed Out) on many torrents now

Caji

I am having serious trouble since upgrading yesterday to 2.0.4 (build 21515).

There are many people complaining in the forums at what.cd who share the exact same problem.

I am unable to dl from what.cd and LzTr, I haven't tried any other private trackers so far but other people claim other trackers also return the same problem.

When attempting to download, the file sits in utorrent, turns blue, and simply says "updating".

I am using eset nod32 and have exceptions for utorrent as I have done for previous versions of utorrent over the past few years without problems.

I refreshed the exceptions in nod32, turned off nod32, restarted utorrent, restarted my computer, etc etc.

Nothing worked!

Many people are complaining about the exact same problem in the what forums..

Would love a solution ?

*I'm using Windows7 32, on a sony vaio VGN-FW21E*

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since updating to 2.0.4 (21515) any new torrents i have added have been stuck at "tracker status" of updating...

I'm experiencing the problem with the following sites: what, waffles, sceneaccess, thegift, torrentleech and iptorrents. I haven't found a site where the problem doesn't exist.

the icon at the bottom of the utorrent window shows are a green circle with a tick in it as usual.

Existing torrents already loaded in utorrent that are seeding have a green arrow to the left of them as usual. However, none of these "seeding" torrents are actually seeding, ie there is no upload

The machine is running xp pro service pack 3 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636), the free version of AVG Anti-Virus, windows firewall is switched off.

I've since installed utorrent 2.0.3 on another of my xp machines and have successfully downloaded the torrents that are "stuck" on the machine running utorrent 2.0.4

I agree with all of the people above complaining about OffLine Timed Out as being a problem in the uTorrent 2.0.4 release. I have had several people call me to warn me not to upgrade, but they were all too late and ALL of us are having the same problem with the Offline Timed Out.

Setup guide read properly (many times over the years) again!

Firewall set up correctly with the appropriate exclusions for utorrent! (Using version 4.0.314.0 eset nod32)

Selected the correct upload speed in the Setup Guide Capture-4.png

Removed and re-created rule/exception for utorrent in firewall..

Read frequently asked questions

Searched forums

Using newest version of utorrent (upgraded from 2.0.3 and had no problems what so ever with that version)

Reluctantly tried the "conservative settings"

#

Tried lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Returned setting to original "100"

#

Tried lowering bt.connect_speed to 4 or lower (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced) Returned setting to original "7"

#

Tried disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

Re-enabled it!

#

Tried disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

Left DHT disabled as previously was!

#

Tried disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

Re-enabled both!

#

Tried disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Already set to "false"

#

Tried lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? Lower? (Can be found in Preferences > Bandwidth)

Returned to "450"

Tried disabling uTP? (Set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 5)

Returned to "31"

restarted utorrent/computer after all of above!

Ports are forwarding/open have a green light as usual!

Have restarted modem/utorrent/computer numerous times through these procedures

peer.lazy_bitfield is enabled

And ISP certainly isn't throttling connection!

Never modified TCPIP.sys!

Using Windows 7 32

931337407.png

My router is: Dlink Model DIR 300

Modem is: Alice modem Wlan 1121

ISP: Alice hansenet DSL

Hardware: # Product Description: Sony VAIO FW Series VGN-FW21E - Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 GHz - 16.4" TFT

# Dimensions (WxDxH): 38.4 cm x 26.1 cm x 3.7 cm

# Weight: 3.1 kg

# Platform Technology: Intel Centrino 2

# System Type: Notebook

# Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial, Bluetooth aerial

# Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 / 2.26 GHz ( Dual-Core )

# Cache Memory: 3 MB - L2 Cache

# RAM: 4 GB (installed) / 4 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM - 800 MHz ( 2 x 2 GB )

# Card Reader: Yes

# Hard Drive: 320 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm

# Optical Storage: DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM - integrated

# Display: 16.4" TFT 1600 x 900 ( WXGA++ ) - X-black

# Graphics Controller: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470

# Video Memory: 256 MB

I've tried LzTr, PTP and what.cd and all just sit there "updating" indefinitely!

Capture2.png

Capture1.png

Other users claim that public trackers are working fine but I can't be sure!

Up until yesterdays upgrade I never had a problem connecting to any of the private trackers I use. I never had problems downloading or seeding.

I've only ever used utorrent for some years now and usually have it running 24/7

My settings have always worked perfectly and haven't been changed (aside from the testing this afternoon).

If you require anything else, I'll be happy to provide it!

I'd rather not downgrade, even if everybody who has claims it rectifies the problem!

If it were a bug, everyone would have it, not just a few, and not just on a percentage of the torrents they run.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Is a bug, issue or problem for sure, "everybody" is not coming here, register and complain about the problem because they don't even know the way or is not a Torrentfreak as me

The things were great when I were using µTorrent 2.0.3 after the transition nothing is working anymore, I can't download anything (me and many other users are complaining in forums of all private trackers the same issue).

Is a transition problem for sure, and if you are a user of any private tracker just search the forums help/Troubleshooting

The problem is only with µTorrent, the other clients are working fine, so I think you guys should review this upgrade or at least show the way to go back to µTorrent 2.0.3 without the problem of µTorrent 2.0.4

I already tried many things and the issue insists, uninstall and reinstall many .exe and the same problem (0 peers, cannot download and seed most of the torrents

Have any of you who are having this problem tried removing your settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\utorrent (and ONLY the two settings files) and then re-configured your bandwidth settings?

So far, some people who upgrade have the problem, others don't.

Yep, I tried, didn't work!

Rolled back to 2.0.3 as I can't neglect my private trackers any longer.

As with everyone else who went back down, the downgrade solved all of the problems I was experiencing..

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Downgrading isn't troubleshooting and isn't supported.

Have you tried removing and re-adding your torrents?

I have 750 connectible torrents in utorrent..

In the utorrent folder in roaming are probably 5000 or so .torrent files that I really don't feel like sorting through.

It's just too daunting a task right now and I unfortunately don't have the time to invest in trying to sort this out.

I'm just going to have to wait until the transition is as smooth as usual.

I know that utorrent always recommend the latest version due to support etc, but chances are this version will be black listed anyway due to these problems by certain private trackers I'm a member of!

At least downgrading to a version that is universally (well almost as there's always a tracker that disagrees) whitelisted saves me a headache in the immediate future!

Good luck

hey everyone. i am from india and i had the same problem from last 2 days . i was getting offline timeout from the demonoid tracker .bus the torrents were still downloading . but very slow and the downloading was starting after few hours . well just now i noticed that the trackers are working fine again and all the torrent are again downloading at there maximum speed and the trackers are back again . i have even stopped the torrent and restarted but they are working fine and downloading also started instead .

Just seems 2.0.4 isn't up to par, for me anyway, as far as downloading now. i had great rates with 2.0.3 but ever since yesterday when I upgraded to 2.0.4 my downloading has gone to hell....lol.....Maybe 2.0.5 will be better. Still haven't figured out how it pays no mind to my upload setting of 100kbps and just goes as high as it wants to 250kbps+....lol....Then in a few mins. it will correct itself and downloading will go up while the uploading goes back to where I set it to..........

thanks for the quick fix - updated to 21586, downloading works again - but when the downloaded torrent wants to start uploading it takes awfully long to refresh nad goes into time out

When I try to start seeding on some older torrents a few go into seeding, but most time out as well

all settings are the same as with the older working µtorrent versions, exceptions in firewall (McAffee) set

I'm afraid it's not just me beeing stupid again

I had similar problems and one of the admins of this site replied with this solution that completely solved my problems:

"Please try upgrading to 2.0.4 21586. You can force an update by going to Help -> Check for updates."

Hope this helps.

Peace to all....

Archived