UTORRENT 2.0.4 giving me OffLine (Timed Out) on many torrents now

Caji

I had similar problems and one of the admins of this site replied with this solution that completely solved my problems:

"Please try upgrading to 2.0.4 21586. You can force an update by going to Help -> Check for updates."

Hope this helps.

Peace to all....

I did - fixed the downloading problems, not the time out when seeding

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.0.4 upgrade and Demonoid.

Upgraded to 2.0.4 21586 whilst downloading lots of torrents. All torrents resumed after upgrade but the torrents from Demonoid gave the following error after a minute or so :- "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I also noticed my quad core CPU was maxed out at 100% usage although no processes were using up the cycles according to Task Manager.

A machine reboot did not cure this problem with uTorrent or the CPU usage issue.

A machine powerdown DID fix the problem.

Therefore, I would recommend a machine powerdown and restart after the upgrade. This may fix some peoples problems.

Hope this helps without adding confusion.

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Completely independant on which version of µT you're using. This error is due to a file indexer/scanner trying to access to your torrents that are being downloaded.

Create a new thread and post HJT log like the others.

Guide: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=29748

I had the same problem and posted a request for help. One of the admins kindly and quickly replied as follows:

Please try upgrading to 2.0.4 21586. You can force an update by going to Help -> Check for updates.

This solved the problems completely. The problem was that build 21515 was not announcing to the trackers correctly.

Programming is, unfortunately, not an exact science, it's more an art. I for one appreciate the quick fix.

Peace to all....

I havent had a problem with trackers since upgrading. are you sure that the trackers your using havent banned that client version? many private trackers ban utorrent except a couple of old horrible versions.

HOW EVER Ive noticed a problem. Ive set the active downloads to 1 but when I start 2 torrents.. both go into downloading.. instead of one queueing.

both with same tracker.

using 21586 build also as stated above. latest so far i believe.

Another issue is when I go check for updates.. it says upgrade to ver 2.2 build 21586

not 2.0.4 is that normal too?

update.. I found the queue bug? I had # column hidden.. when I enabled it

seems to now queue 2nd one. odd huh

Archived