Westell Versalink 327W Crashing when I start a torrent..?

Vyral

Here's the deal, I've owned this Westell Versalink 327w router for the longest darn time, and it's worked great, I've torrented for days, weeks, months, with no trouble. But lately, as one of my torrents reached around 20% (Of 20 gbs) I began to notice that my internet kept shutting off whenever I start a torrent up, but when I pause the torrent my router will eventually reset itself and then the internet will work again.

Then if I start the torrent, it will download for about half a minute, then as I watch the router, the internet light will slowly stop blinking entirely, and then stay solid. At that point the internet will not work, can't browse, can't do anything online. Everything will time out. Then the router will reset and the internet will work again. It's the darnedest thing.

I've limited the amount of connections my uT uses after reading some other threads. But to no avail, I lowered it from 250 connections down to around 50 or 60 with no difference in the problem.

I'm wondering if my router has just totally bit the dust with regard to my torrenting and if I'd need a new one... It -is- rather old, after all.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Archived