How to resume download as a different user

zizuritrtzt

Hello, I' dont really get it.

http://www.utorrent.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36157

Here it says

"Yup... but you may have some trouble "merging" them in the meantime... Here's how to run uT self-encapsulated, and if you two are confident enough you can use Ultima's B.F.E. (linked below) to marge the two existing resume.dat files. If not, setup a new "shared" uT to be accessible from any user account for new stuff.. and you two migrate old stuff not currently downloaded to the new one. smile Other questions?"

I dont really understand that, so what do I have to do if I want my user account to resume the dl my administrator account started? I also dont understand why I have to install utorrent as the user as well,but I guess there is a way to avoid that which I was not aware off.

So I guess i have to use some files from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\uTorrentand copy them in the respective user folder? resume.dat or something?

thanks

öh

i have 2 resume.dat/settings.dat files, one in my user application data folder, one in my admin application data folder. But only the admin is currently downloading. So i copy his files to e:\utorrent (which only contains utorrent.exe) and delete the respective files in the user folder and i have a stand alone version (which probably means one application n user) ?

You can create a folder on your desktop (with the admin rights) you will share through all the user sessions. Into this folder you move utorrent.exe and its files. So every user will have the possibility to resume a torrent job began by another user.

okok, but do I have to reinstall utorrent or can i move existing files into the utorrent.exe folder? Which files would that be, as i said, "C:\Documents and Settings\***\Application Data\uTorrent" contains settings.dat, resume.dat, dht.dat..... for both admin and user. I assume these files are different given their different file sizes. Do I have to merge them or what? The torrent file i download obviously lies in the admin folder.

Maybe I should say that I have version 2.0.3 installed?

Yes, move the files from %appdata%\utorrent into a folder with utorrent.exe.

.torrent files can be stored in another folder of your choice following what you set in Preferences > Directories (even in the case of standalone mode).

About resuming the partial torrent jobs from various users, reload the partial torrents into µT and your client should force a recheck and resume.

And only the latest 2.0.4 is supported here.

Archived