Beta 433 new network status icons: skinnable?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to throw a bone... customization in Windows 3.11 was non existant. Then It came Windows 95 "beautifull" for some MS techies... then Windows 98... then we got Windows Blinds, beats me why that happened if "everyone was happy" in the first place. If customization of µTorrent is limited to someone, it's more then welcome for the others (me included), and with that limited aproach we were always able to limit ourselves to a hugh collection of various icons, bars, etc.

Now, don't mind me at all those were just my 2 cents for I love µTorrent chameleonic capability with custom icons, bars and tabs.

I really fail to see why consistency in 3 non-customizable status icons is important and to whom, while tooltip is (if viewed)? Why givving option to customize toolbar, torrent status and tabs and then deny 3 small Net status icons that were not even been there before? What was wrong with textual Net status? I really fail to comprehend and I'm not pulling your noses here. I do respect devs decision to change, to improve and to do whatever he thinks it's good for this pretty lill program, but from my point of view I simply can't see why it's so hard to accept the fact people would like to customize those new 3 net icons too. Giving this option is in no way harmfull to program itself nor assistance for network problems at all.

Whatever is the final decision I can't do anything else except respect that deciosion and the one who made it, for it's the program that counts, the eye-candy is bonus.

ps: gimme that bonus :D

i dont get why we need an icon in the first place. Network OK and NAT Error worked excellent in my opinion. If there has to be an icon i think it should be skinnable. If someone is good enough with utorrent to figure out how to change that icon they're smart enough to understand what the icons mean. This is a none problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a sop could be to have the program overlay an alpha transparency of whatever colour over the icon.. to create a heavily tinted effect..

This way, someone who knows how to use a skin but is too stupid to understand what it is they're looking at, can just say 'the thing at the bottom looks yellow' even if it's shaped like Homer Simpson.

Yes I just woke up.

Archived