Complete files turning to .!ut files

zeusbenedict

I don't know if this has been experienced before by others, or posted with a solution because I'm too tired to check. Haha. So... yeah. What the thread title says.

My complete files turn back to .!ut files, for some reason I don't know. Also, I am using the alpha if that makes a difference, but I'm not quite sure if this happened before or after.

My music player said some files were missing from my playlist and when I checked, they turned to .!ut files. It only happened now. So maybe after. Please help.

That can be the case when you're playing the torrents freshly downloaded (especially audio files), your media player modifies the tags. So the file is different, that's why for µT it appears as incomplete and appends the extension .!ut to the file.

You need to force a recheck to continue to seed.

Torrents with audio files (like mp3)?

As I said, if a program has modified the file, the forced recheck doesn't reach 100%.

Another case: if you skipped some files in a multifiles torrent and deleted the 'part file'. µT discards the overlaying edge pieces between a complete file and a skipped file. After the forced recheck the complete file is still complete physically but µT will redownload the edge pieces if you start the torrent job.

Archived