server floods?

csfreak

silly question...hope someone can help me understand this. a torrent website i belong to has recently banned utorrent clients 1.85 to 2.04 from their server. her reasoning is that it allows other clients to flood her server with connections, causing it to collapse. i dont know if she is talking about her seedboxes or her website. i downgraded to different versions she has recommended such as 1.7.7, 1.6.1, 1.8.4, 1.8.2 and i'm not happy with their performances compared to 2.0.4. any ideas or comments to what she says? thank you in advance.

her statement:

All µTorrent versions between 1.8.5 and 2.0.4 have been banned. I've left 1.8.5 for now, but for security reasons we will STRONGLY encourage you to downgrade to 1.8.2 and be careful.

Any µTorrent newer than 1.8.2 is neither supported nor recommended. Maybe one day the BitTorrent developers will develop a quality client again, but don't hold your breath waiting for it.

THIS BECASUE THE OTHER CLIENTS FLOOD THE SERVERS WITH CONNECTIONS AND MAKE THEM COLLAPS

Archived