why do private trackers still ban ver 2 series?

psspss

Thanks to Utorrent 2 and udp.. has punched a hole right through our isps

filtering (hardware).. in fact they had changed the plan rules from unlimited

to only 20gb as they have admitted defeat that p2p software has out done their controlling methods to block data.

however stupid private trackers are still banning the new utorrent.

some say it dont track ratios properly.. which I have never found

but mostly because they say it has too many connections and they want

us to use ver 1,7 still

which sucks. and runnign 2 instances is a way around this but would be good

if they would accept the new builds

wasnt 2.04 release with a patch for the dll expliot? and all version prior had the flaw so using old versions is bad surely?

so the question is how can developer improve ver 2 so all trackers wil accept it again?

If private trackers don't want to accept newer versions, there's nothing uTorrent developers can do to change their minds. An angry horde of the private tracker's users has a better chance of influencing the results.

That i agree with and make each beta version progress faster to a new stable version ;)

Yet those private trackers need to have some control i expect, their reason for no beta versions.

Except that the 2 series has been stable for ages, yet many still refuse to let anything over 1.8.5 (or in some cases even lower).

That i agree with and make each beta version progress faster to a new stable version wink
No that's a bad idea. That's the whole reason it's called a beta. to give it time to work out bugs. That way when it actually does get moved to stable hopefully those are gone. If the beta time is cut short that's when you run into problems.
Yet those private trackers need to have some control i expect, their reason for no beta versions.
They're sacrificing a lot for their precious 'control'. Not only are they losing all the updates and added features but they're opening up ALL their users to MASSIVE security holes.

Archived