download speed go around 10Mb/s

K678

Hi i was wondering that sometime my download speed goes around (2Mb/s-10Mb/s) and i can download a large file in just few minute. this is happen to a few file in my downloading. while other files is normal speed around 200kb/s. can anyone tell me the reason why?

and my Internet connection speed is 2mbps. and sorry for my poor English.

It largely depends on the seeders and peers on the torrent.

Most people can't upload that fast. But there are those out there that use seedboxes (external computers with very high bandwidth), to download and upload. Thus giving any connected peers for that torrent great speeds. Once in a while you'll run into a peer that actually can upload that fast without a seedbox but it's pretty rare.

Hi paintball9

you come up with seedboxes (external computers with very high bandwidth). it is very new for me and I'll Google it later. but now i want to tell you that even in my LAN (Local Area Network) when i copy files (huge files) i see that the transfer rate doesn't go any further than 5mbp/s. How could it possible to get speed up to 10mb/s even i'm lucky to ran in to seedboxes? and as i know there is no way that i can get more speed than in my LAN right? correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks.

Your 5 (mega-bit? or Byte? I'm guessing you mean byte in this case) limit it probably imposed by the hardware you're using, rather than your network speed. HD's and CPU's have limits on how much data they can process. So if one computer is slower then both are limited to that transfer speed. In that case it wouldn't matter what your LAN speed was.

Typical LAN speeds are 10mbit, 100mbit or 1000mbit. You probably have a 100mbit, (otherwise known as fast ethernet). It's max effective speed is somewhere around 10.8 MBytes/s.

Most internet connections are measured in bits instead. You weren't clear on what internet speed you actually have. (you can check at speedtest.net or dslreports). The test should give you an idea of how fast it actually can be. You should know that it may not be accurate, it may be showing what's known as a burst speed. Rather than your max sustainable speed.

Basically a Byte is 8 bits. (notice the case on each word)

If your average transfer rate in utorrent is about 200KB/s, then your internet speed is probably around a 2mbit. It wouldn't be unheard of for a connection to have a burst speed of 10mbit. (which may kick in once in a while)

From my guess, the seeder you downloading from might be using a co-location thing. Therefore, the speed you downloading is extremely fast. While other of your download is from the home user internet. So, this might be one of the reason.

Correct me, if I'm wrong ^^

This is what i think it's the reason. sorry i confuse on mbp/s and mb/s. as you said It is all in mb/s. now i understand LAN speed i have is 100mbit and before i was thinking that it is 100mb how stupid i am ^_^.

I'm sure that i have got two of my torrent files with download speed around (2-10mb/s).

like Nymphomaniac said the seeder that I'm downloading from might be using a co-location thing.

everything is helpful thanks a lot and good luck.

Your 5 (mega-bit? or Byte? I'm guessing you mean byte in this case) limit it probably imposed by the hardware you're using, rather than your network speed. HD's and CPU's have limits on how much data they can process. So if one computer is slower then both are limited to that transfer speed. In that case it wouldn't matter what your LAN speed was.

Typical LAN speeds are 10mbit, 100mbit or 1000mbit. You probably have a 100mbit, (otherwise known as fast ethernet). It's max effective speed is somewhere around 10.8 MBytes/s.

Most internet connections are measured in bits instead. You weren't clear on what internet speed you actually have. (you can check at speedtest.net or dslreports). The test should give you an idea of how fast it actually can be. You should know that it may not be accurate, it may be showing what's known as a burst speed. Rather than your max sustainable speed.

Basically a Byte is 8 bits. (notice the case on each word)

If your average transfer rate in utorrent is about 200KB/s, then your internet speed is probably around a 2mbit. It wouldn't be unheard of for a connection to have a burst speed of 10mbit. (which may kick in once in a while)

Archived